Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From the Grocery Store And ...

[ Edited ]

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Spurt My furbaby is very particular. Have you tried ordering from Chewy.com? They are usually pretty well stocked. free delivery too.

@FlyersGirl 

I hear Chewy is a great service, but the problem with Chewy is the order would come to our Condo Mail Center since its a package delivery and then I would have to drive over there, lug it to the car, and then into my house....versus Instacart.... that brings it right to my door....I order the BIG bags of cat food....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

Didn´t realize that there is a shortage of toilet paper in some areas.

@chickenbuttthis reminds me of an episode of ¨Seinfeld¨ when Elaine was in a public restroom and didn´t have any toilet paper. She asked the person in the next stall for a piece and she refused. Hope it does not come to this. Next time Elaine happens to be in the restroom again and the person in the next stall asked for a piece of toilet paper. Elaine recognized the voice as the person who refused to give her a piece sometime ago, Elaine went to every stall and took all the toilet she could find. Seems as if that´s what´s happening now. Everyone is stocking up.

Ha!  Can you spare a square?  Smiley Very Happy

SO FUNNY Smiley LOL

Image result for Seinfeld¨ when Elaine was in a public restroom and didn´t have any toilet paper.

Toilet paper Hoarder

Image result for Seinfeld¨ when Elaine was in a public restroom and didn´t have any toilet paper.

Trusted Contributor

When I was in Costco today ( which is always busy) a man in behind me in line had a case of scotch. He laughingly said he was stocking up in case he was contained at home, at least he would enjoy himself.

Valued Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

What does toilet paper have to do with the coronavirus!  You don't see a problem with your extreme purchases?  Hopefully, someone needing toilet paper now was not affected by your irrational panic. OMG

I finally figured out a few hours ago why this happened with the TP.  Schools are closing in some places.  That means the kiddos will be home and not be able to use the schools TP.  lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moxie11 wrote:

I, was told to count six squares and that will be enough, and will save money. Unless you eat mexican food.

Wait...what?

Image result for squirrel wearing sombrero

Dang.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt Gotcha. I get the deliveries on my porch so it works for me. I wouldn't want to have to carry big bags of food or litter either!

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover, that´s it. That was one of the funniest episodes lol

Valued Contributor

I think I am the last person in the U.S. that despises the "select a size" paper towels. They frustrate me to no end lol. They never tear where I want them to. 

I will search multiple stores to find good old regular size paper towels. 

I'm convinced that paper towel companies started making them that way because a) they knew they would never tear equally or where you want them to---a lot of the time if I am grabbing a paper towel I've spilled something/cat has had an accident and I'm in a hurry! and b) you'll use them up faster, because the first tear wasn't big enough, you go back and get a full size tear.......and then you use them up faster and they sell more. 

Kind of like the master mind behind the ergonomic bar soap---you get less soap so you can hold the bar more comfortably, yet pay the same price or higher that you did for a full bar of soap!

I'm having a day today Cat Frustrated

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Contributor

I went to the grocery store this afternoon for my regular shopping and to get my Corned Beef and it was as if people were shopping for their Thanksgiving or Christmas meals!  It was crazy!! 

Of course, there was no toilet paper, Kleenex or water in gallons or bottles and several other shelves were picked over of different items.    People were walking down the aisles shaking their heads in disbelief  and talking with others on how ridiculous all this was.  I don't ever remember experiencing this craziness before and I sure hope that it gets better soon!

Valued Contributor

The Target and the CVS in my area were two places I went to today. 
I went for other items but OMG there was no TP to be had or Kleenex or even laundry detergent. There were no thermometers to be found anywhere.
 Thank goodness I did not need these items.

I heard the customer behind me stating that she had gone to Costco and there was a line just as they opened and people wanted TP.

I think that my husband and I are going to be OK in that area at least for a bit now.