Respected Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From the Grocery Store And ...

Just a friendly recommendation for going into grocery stores:  Either shop very early in the morning (7AM or earlier) or later in the evening 8:30/9:00PM or later.  Not only will you limit exposure but stocking items usually occurs prior to the early morning store opening hours starting around  8 or 9PM in the evening.    

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took inventory and I have 72 rolls of tp on hand.  I suppose I'm ok.  Smiley Happy    I think I forgot to check before this month's Amazon AD order went out and if I knew I still had one whole case I probably would have done a 'skip' for this order.  I don't remember how frequently I have tp on my AD orders, but I know it's not every month - prob every 3 or more.  That's just for me, as he stocks his own bathroom.

OOPS, I was wrong.  One case is only half.  Time to worry?  Smiley Very Happy   

Hopefully the hoarding thing slows down and mfrs can keep up.  I hope they don't start the price-gouge for tp also.  

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Im in Texas....

I ordered my groceries through Instacart for early delivery this morning...The shopper said they had everything on my list with one exception, the cat food brand my kitties eat, I had to substitute for a similar kind, same brand....The guy said the store had plenty of everything else .....even toilet paper..

My cats do not like the similar kind of cat food in the same brand I hope yours do.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz   That's a lot of ramen noodles. 

Or Spaghettios.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Im in Texas....

I ordered my groceries through Instacart for early delivery this morning...The shopper said they had everything on my list with one exception, the cat food brand my kitties eat, I had to substitute for a similar kind, same brand....The guy said the store had plenty of everything else .....even toilet paper..

My cats do not like the similar kind of cat food in the same brand I hope yours do.

@lovescats 

Yep, that should be interesting to see what happens....if they tolerate it or not.....or maybe Ill have to venture out to Petsmart 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I live in a small beach town south of LAX.  I braved the pouring rain (yes, in California) and first went to T.J.'s for a couple ittems Other than the parking situation, it went well. I should have stopped while I was ahead.

I then went to do my regular shopping out our local supermarket. It a long time to find a parking space. The checkout lines were so long that they went from the front of this huge market all the way down the various aisles to the back of the market.

Rinse, spit, repeat next week.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Southern Bee, if you wouldn't mind using the small clorox tubs, they are great, jusst little pods, but mix with water and clean away. I, like them better because easy to care home and doesn't take up so much space. Great on floors and kitchen counter, you can also put them in a glass spray bottle for bath area.

Frequent Contributor

I, was told to count six squares and that will be enough, and will save money. Unless you eat mexican food.

Respected Contributor

There certainly have been worse times. Ration Books in WWII come to mind  for meat, butter, sugar ,coffee and clothing items etc. The Depression era where no one had anything.  People were truelly poor. I,  as many  you heard the stories . Make do or do without. They got creative in cooking ,for example. 

I think many of us are spoiled and want instant gratification. I don't know what tough is as have had what I needed and spoiled. We have it good in the USA.

Honored Contributor

I also went to the grocery store this afternoon and ALL toilet paper was gone!!! Empty shelves!

Same with gallon bleah....except I napped the last one..

They store was very busy just like it gets when a blizzard is on the way.