Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From the Grocery Store And ...

No hand sanitizer at stores, Amazon, etc  I tried the drug store, they're out too.  We found distilled water, but I noticed the bottles of pure water are low on the shelf.   We have plenty of the anti-bacterial liquid soap at home, but I don't see them in the store..

Esteemed Contributor

I follow someone who is in Paris and she commented on people hoarding sanitizer and toilet paper there as well.

My co-worker’s husband just sent her a photo of the looong line to their grocery store’s deli department. Which seems ridiculous because that stuff won’t last!! LOL But people are apparently stocking up on everything!!!
Honored Contributor

🙋🏻‍♀️ I go through one mega roll about every 3 days. ☺️

Obsessive TP user. 🚽

*embarrassed and slinking into the background again*
Honored Contributor

I picked up an order at Walmart.  They had no toilet paper or the soup that I wanted.  The boy said they got a truckload of bottled water that sold out in minutes...now that mystified me.  We have good water so I never, ever buy it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Went to my local Publix at 11am today. Very busy for that time.Shelves bare for tp!

No hand sanitizer. Clorox wipes on sale but none to be found!

Like hurricane prep except I was able to get water.

This is in Broward County, Florida.

Respected Contributor

Wally World today cleaned out of TP, tissues, paper towels, Lyson wipes including generic. NO Hand sanitizer

No Peanut Butter, Cereals picked over, no chicken of any kind, no baked beans, no rice.

Aldis had no TP . a few ladies were pushing their carts around saying geez they could have left a few rolls for others.

Starting tomorrow, Shaw's has a coupon for Charmin, 9 Mega Roll pak 8.99. MUST BUY 2.  lol any other time requirement to buy 2 would be a deterrant. Sending DH out first thing! 

Honored Contributor

This feels like we're playing Oregon Trail (computer game from the 80s and 90s) and we're venturing out to get provisions like lumber and venison. Nobody get diphtheria!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

This feels like we're playing Oregon Trail (computer game from the 80s and 90s) and we're venturing out to get provisions like lumber and venison. Nobody get diphtheria!

@Porcelain 

I remember that game and your right.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Are you sure 30 rolls of TP will last you almost a year?

I read earlier the average person uses 100 rolls per year. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz @Anonymous032819 

I'm glad you said this because I was embarrassed to admit I was doing the math on this one.

So even not counting March, 30 rolls/9 months equals 3 rolls/month usage.

Or do they look like this:Woman Surprised

Image result for large toilet paper roll

Doing the math, what is even more perplexing is 55 grocery items for $114.03.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Im in Texas....

I ordered my groceries through Instacart for early delivery this morning...The shopper said they had everything on my list with one exception, the cat food brand my kitties eat, I had to substitute for a similar kind, same brand....The guy said the store had plenty of everything else .....even toilet paper..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”