Esteemed Contributor

I Just Got Back From the Grocery Store And ...

... there was PLENTY of toilet paper to be had.

I picked up one 12 roll package, which brings my total "hoard" to 30 rolls, which should last me until almost the end of the year.

I bought 55 items, and with tax included, I spent $114.03.

I have enough food to last me well in to next month, if not in to May.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From the Grocery Store And ...

Our grocery store as of Sunday had tons of toilet paper, but no hand sanitizer.....It was super crowded too, which is very odd on a Sunday afternoon here.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps the people in panic mode have supplied  up already......and store has re-stocked.  Glad you got what you needed.........so can relax now.

Valued Contributor

Went to the store as well only generic TP.

Honored Contributor

Nothing missing down here in Texas either.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Just returned from another Walmart in my area- the one where we get our RX. No items available to make your own hand sanitizer. No small bottles to put hand sanitizer in if you needed more travel size bottles. One large bottle of liquid soap refills. No hand sanitizer, no wet wipes, no Clorox or Lysol wet wipes. Only a few bottles of bleach. Plenty of paper towels but very little toilet paper and tissue. I purchased one pack of the disposable plastic cups for the   bathroom and l pack of disposable drinking cups. Purchased a few groceries. Store crowded and people frantic trying to find items or some type of substitute product. Southern Bee

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

... there was PLENTY of toilet paper to be had.

I picked up one 12 roll package, which brings my total "hoard" to 30 rolls, which should last me until almost the end of the year.

I bought 55 items, and with tax included, I spent $114.03.

I have enough food to last me well in to next month, if not in to May.

@Anonymous032819    I had to make a run to WalMart for my daughter.  All 3 of her small kids are at home sick with fevers.  I managed to get the last 2 bottles of Children's Motrin...diapers and yes toilet paper....the last package.    The greeter at the door was telling me that people are trying to steal diapers....and are yelling at him because they can't get toilet paper.  This is a terrible situation for everyone.  

Honored Contributor

I keep saying I'm going to look, when I'm at the grocery store, just out of curiosity and then I forget.  I get my tp on AD with Amazon.

This whole tp thing reminds me of an episode, decades ago, with Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show when he made a joke about there being a toilet paper shortage.  There wasn't - but then there was.  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

Are you sure 30 rolls of TP will last you almost a year?

I read earlier the average person uses 100 rolls per year. LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn´t realize that there is a shortage of toilet paper in some areas.

@chickenbuttthis reminds me of an episode of ¨Seinfeld¨ when Elaine was in a public restroom and didn´t have any toilet paper. She asked the person in the next stall for a piece and she refused. She said she couldn´t spare it. Hope it does not come to this. Next time Elaine happens to be in the restroom again and the person in the next stall asked for a piece of toilet paper. Elaine recognized the voice as the person who refused to give her a piece sometime ago, Elaine went to every stall and took all the toilet paper she could find. Seems as if that´s what´s happening now. Everyone is stocking up.