Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping......

I ran into TJs for eggs and it was busy, busy, busy.  Several young moms with full carts.  It seemed like more older couples than usual, too.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hope they stay well stocked until next week.  Need to do a big order.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually went grocery shopping last night, which is why I still have my grocery bill in my wallet. I purchased 49 items and Spent $117.00.

I will be heading to Costco this evening, to purchase items to stock my new freezer (5 cubic) that I purchased earlier this week, because I too have been hearing about possible upcoming shortages. 

I did not see any bare shelves, but I would say there were a lot of brands that I did not recognize along with some that I did. I snagged a Canister of Antibacterial wipes, another brand that I do not recognize, but I am not picky. I don't remember seeing any signs that were limiting what you could purchase. Plenty of TP and Paper Towels on the shelves, plenty of food. 

Esteemed Contributor

Went to a local Sams Club around 10 am.  Went up and down aisles just to see what I could buy that was in the snack category.  Stopped however because hubby frowns on my eating habits that cause weight gain. LOL  In any case trying to escape him I went to the back of the store and could not believe what I saw.  LYSOL spray.  I bought one package, which was allowed.  I have been searching for that for 3-4 months.  One per family but the cashier said I could come back in the morning to get more. Not likely but I feel so fulfilled since that was my last item on my FIND LIST.  HAPPY DAY!!

Respected Contributor

Our stores are pretty much back to normal.  Do have to wear a mask though.  Supplies have been good.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I want to know where you shop because 80 items would cost me $200.

Winco.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Anonymous032819 , did you buy meat?  One package of ground beef can cost me close to $10.  I bought Oscar Mayer bacon last week for $9.99.  Meat seems to be the main ingredient for increasing a food bill.  Oh,....and I like Brownberry Oatnut bread, $3.49 if not on sale.  And let's not talk about fruit prices.

Does hot dogs count? 😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Our Safeway has ground chuck for 99 cents a pound. Only drawback is it's sold in 8lb packages. I bought one and repackaged it in 1lb packs. That's enough for us for a while. 
I can't believe how expensive chuck roasts are. 

Honored Contributor

This weekend will be very busy at the grocery store because it's that time of the month and many people do their big shopping because they get their checks or deposits.

Honestly, the only time I ever use Clorox wipes is in our camper.  I don't even have them at home and have never wanted them or needed them.  

Respected Contributor

I've found that the prices in Aldi's are much more reasonable than the larger grocery stores.  I first do a lot of my shopping at Aldi's,  and things that I can't find there or want specifically from the large grocery chain, I'll go to afterwards.  Aldi's has greatly expanded their line of products and produce.  It quickly adds up to quite a bit of money saved each week or grocery run.    

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!