Esteemed Contributor

I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping......

And I bought 74 items, and spent, with tax $100.04.

They had plenty of antibacterial wipes, mostly store brand, which, if I were in need of, I would trust, and buy. They had some Clorox brand too.

There was no limit on how many you could buy, but there was a sign to only take what you need.

Okay, I "need" a whole case of wipes.

What's to prevent someone from doing that?

Everyone that I saw was wearing a mask.

My store never had the directional arrows, so it was just like it was pre-Covid, in spacing.

It wasn't too crowded, so that was nice.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping......

Good report, @Anonymous032819 !

The arrows seem to be gone around here, too.  Many never followed them anyway......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I accidentally misspoke.

I bought 78 items for $100.04. 😊

That averages out to $1.28 per item.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

We've had no shortages here and no problems shopping.  Directional signs are gone, 6 feet spacing signs are gone and now even Trader Joe's allows us to bring our own bags.  Life is good!

Trusted Contributor

who would’ve thought it would come down to this. to be so grateful for what we are able to buy in the grocery, because it’s available. i’ve never been the kind to take things for granted, and am always thankful for everything i have. it’s just in these extraordinary times, being thankful for our blessings is more magnified in daily life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wegman only allows one pack of Paper towels, TP, etc. per customer. 

Weis Market had a special on Bounty Towels (something they don't ususally carry)  One pac per person.  That pile was stripped bare with in a couple of hours.  (one shop person told me)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

They had plenty of antibacterial wipes, mostly store brand, which, if I were in need of, I would trust, and buy. They had some Clorox brand too.

There was no limit on how many you could buy, but there was a sign to only take what you need.

My store never had the directional arrows, so it was just like it was pre-Covid, in spacing.

What's to prevent people from abusing the request to only take what you need? Morality, obviously. Most people do not have a problem with their morality. Looking for ways to abuse the system eventually gets people in trouble.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

That's great!  I'm heading out early tomorrow morning to get my groceries.  The last time I went, I was able to find everything on my list (except the one item I forgot to look for).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I want to know where you shop because 80 items would cost me $200.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Absolutely nothing, and the sign is meaningless. I don't see off-brand wipes, cleaners, and hand sanitizers moving in Walmart or the supermarkets I frequent. The shelves stay full of them, while the Lysol, Clorox, Purell, and Germ-X products fly out of there. I don't think people trust the off-brand goods, especially after the hand sanitizer recalls over methanol. I know I don't.

So maybe the store manager is hoping that by lifting the limits, people will start loading up on that stuff and getting rid of what was probably a bad buy for the store when they were desperate for things to sell in those categories.