Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping

I love Grocery Outlet.  You never know what you will find and the prices can't be beat.

At the one I shop at, they have cart and hand sanitizer and paper towels right inside the door for you to wipe down your own cart.

I saw one of the strangest things there this week; a man had on a face mask that only covered his nostrils.  It was that small, looked like it was infant sized.  But he was mouth breathing.  I seriously couldn't figure out if he was mocking those of us wearing masks or if he was serious.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819,  sure hope you are not too sore from the fall.  But also glad you didn't break those eggs.  That at least is a positive.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 in my state New York they have banned plastic bags, you are encouraged to bring your own bags, or the store has paper bags that they charge you a nickel each. Just wondering since you couldn't use your own bags, what did the store provide and did they charge you?

Honored Contributor

Glad that you are ok! And that the eggs didnt break.  

My trip to was to Walmart this weekend for a few groceries.

Hardly anyone was in a mask this time Smiley Sad 

Cashier had her mask around her neck.  She didnt sanitize anything after  the shopper before me. I was ok with it since I wipe down things at home.

My sunglasses were fogging up and after 10 minutes I had to just take them off! I was sweating.

My nose started to run for most of the time in the store lol. Had no tissues with me since I didnt take my purse in.

I felt like either crying or leaving the store!! Cat Tongue

Toilet paper area they had 3 large packages. Lots of paper towels, not many boxes of tissues.

No alcohol or even witch hazel, not sure why sold out of witch hazel!

Cans of veggies and soup were mostly gone.

Not a fun trip and was soo glad to get to the car and out of the mask and blow my nose lol.

UGH!! 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I may never go to the grocery store again. Called Safeway yesterday and did an online order to be delivered this morning between 8-12. Nice fella was here at 5 minutes to 8 with everything I ordered. We both were wearing masks....dog cookies were distributed. $3.95 delivery and tip.I may NEVER go to the grocery store again. Wow..... way to go Safeway!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  How are you feeling today?

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Hope you are feeling better.  

I just got back today.  All of the stores I've visited have a kid with a sanitazation station obviously wiping down the carts and then presenting you with one.  I am in GA.  

Found everything except wipes which I know I will never see again in my lifetime.  Luckily my mother left me a pack before she left.  She also gifted me a handmade mask.  

We are still restricted on meat although the focus has changed from chicken to beef being rationed.  

I about cartwheeled and did a jig when I spied my Siete tortillas in the freezer section.  💃🏻🤸🏻‍♀️ I was so excited!  I have slowly been finding the items I used to drive an hour for to the closest Whole Foods to buy.  First my Siete chips and the Vegan Valley dips.  The only item left is the Siete taco shells and I might nominate the manager for sainthood.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 in my state New York they have banned plastic bags, you are encouraged to bring your own bags, or the store has paper bags that they charge you a nickel each. Just wondering since you couldn't use your own bags, what did the store provide and did they charge you?

@Jordan2 

I was a little sore this morning, but I am otherwise fine, thanks for asking.

I wasn't charged for the bags, but it got me to thinking.

Before this whole Covid mess, there was this big push to eliminate single use plastic bags, because they are a detriment to our environment.

So they went to the thicker, reusable plastic bags.

Now, we can't reuse those for shopping, so in essence, they have become the same single use bags that we just got rid of!

So that push to get rid of single use plastic bags was for naught!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819  how's your bones?  Have you had a dexa scan yet?  I think you may be quite a bit younger than the average here.  One can never be too careful though. Hairline fractures to the hip can be fixed before they get really bad.  Take care. 

Honored Contributor

I don't see much sanitizing of carts anymore in the stores I go into. If I'm there at opening time, the carts feel kind of slimy/oily and look like they have been sprayed, but later in the day, I'm not seeing carts wiped down like I did at first, in some stores now. 

I know a number of people who say they don't feel workplace precautions and sanitizing are being done to the level it should be or that it was when this first started. I know they have really backed off at the UPS where my husband works. I think the slacking off is not wise, but I anticipate that it will happen at most businesses that have been doing it while open all this time, and eventually in the ones yet to open as time passes, and the routine of it gets old and costly in supplies and labor. 

I wish those that are so anxious to get things back open (and that isn't a criticism, we need to get moving again) would commit to being extra stringent with the masks, the sanitizing, the distancing, etc. It's not going to take long for people to see others short changing the standards and fall into the same habits too.