Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping......

Those directional arrows seem to have gone away.  People were not paying any attention to them anyway.  The do make people space out at the checkout.  That's second nature to most people now, like masks.  I never see anyone without a mask now.  Even in situations when they don't need one, like jogging or bike riding out walking for exersize.  I went out to sit alone on my own balcony and I automatically put a mask on.  It took me about 5 minutes to realize what a silly goose I was.  There's no shortage of anything here.  But most people are stocking up on essentials.  

Honored Contributor

I had to look up Winco's to see how you could get so much for so little.

The photo reminds me of our local Aldi's.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819, yes, hot dogs count, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

And I bought 74 items, and spent, with tax $100.04.

They had plenty of antibacterial wipes, mostly store brand, which, if I were in need of, I would trust, and buy. They had some Clorox brand too.

There was no limit on how many you could buy, but there was a sign to only take what you need.

Okay, I "need" a whole case of wipes.

What's to prevent someone from doing that?

Everyone that I saw was wearing a mask.

My store never had the directional arrows, so it was just like it was pre-Covid, in spacing.

It wasn't too crowded, so that was nice.

What's to prevent people from abusing the request to only take what you need? Morality, obviously. Most people do not have a problem with their morality. Looking for ways to abuse the system eventually gets people in trouble.

And I have to add, who is to say what someone else 'needs'.  Some people need a whole case of wipes. They have none, they are shopping not only for themselves, but several houses, and maybe even their workplace or business. So a 'case' might actually not go far enough for all the people they are going to share with. 

I just can't assume because someone is buying more than I would find appropriate, needed, or 'fair' that they don't have real need to do so. 

That said, I"m good with stores putting limits on things like this that are short in supply and high in demand. But when they don't put limits, it really is fair for people to buy what they need.

Respected Contributor

I too have noticed some items are in short supply, like rice and pasta.  I don't understand why people need so much with Iregards to Clorox wipes and and sprays, I still just use my normal amount.  I bought a 5 container set of Clorox wipes at Costco the last time I saw them there and I gave one container to a friend, I don't need 5 containers but that's how many came in the set!  Soap and warm water works well and use the other products sparingly.  I only super clean our hall bathroom when we're having people over and that's not that often, we don't use that bathroom on a daily basis, we have our master bathromm and just the two of us use that one.  I always kept a good supply of toilet paper on hand, only bought it when it was on sale, so I would stock up.  I haven't seen it on sale since this whole mess started so I have to pay attention when I'm running low on it.  It's very sad if people are horrding products.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

And I bought 74 items, and spent, with tax $100.04.

@Anonymous032819   What the heck did you buy-a case or two of boxed mac and cheese???  LOL

Holy shopping list-that is quite a haul for the price.Woman Happy

Did you get another turkey???

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I have 16 items in my cart and am already at $70.