Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping......

Our area has taken up the floor arrows and put signs at the end of the aisles in red and green.  This is in both Walmart and local stores.  Walmart finally got rid of that one door only policy.  It was darn stupid.  People were channeled in two directions along the edge of the building for quite a distance.  Those inside row people were exposed to people within feet of their face.  It kept us out of there except for two times in the past several months. And their parking lot was like a ghost town, evidently others didn't like it, either.   

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 

Trader Joe still has the s.d. Footprints outside their store in the local PA shopping center.  It still is used: folks wait to go in.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 WOW!!! That is a shopping trip I would LOVE, because I am known to HUG a penny, and am ALWAYS on the hunt for bargains.😁

I can certainly understand your excitement.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@kaydee50 

Trader Joe still has the s.d. Footprints outside their store in the local PA shopping center.  It still is used: folks wait to go in.

@jlkz 

I don't know how this is going to work in the dead of winter. My neighborhood Trader Joe's always, always has a long line outside to enter the store. As temperatures are changing I find I am shopping there less frequently.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I accidentally misspoke.

I bought 78 items for $100.04. 😊

That averages out to $1.28 per item.

@Anonymous032819 : That's some good shopping! I bought 10 items at Costco yesterday and spent the same amount!! Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

My small town Wal-Mart was well stocked today. Staples were well stocked and cleaning supplies nearly there. I don't have much choice or drive an hour and a half. We have one other Supermarket that is part of a chain in the Northern tier. They have been up and down in supplies. 

What got me is the news this morning on one major network projected shortages or possible shortages and  I think this sets people off to hoard.I even honestly admit to looking at my favorite TP and thought No, I am fine with what I have but I felt triggered! Our gas prices have maintained but were less by five cents today.

Honored Contributor

I was able to buy a disinfectant spray that has been out of stock since March today online....so that is a good sign....I guess....

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

And I bought 74 items, and spent, with tax $100.04.

They had plenty of antibacterial wipes, mostly store brand, which, if I were in need of, I would trust, and buy. They had some Clorox brand too.

There was no limit on how many you could buy, but there was a sign to only take what you need.

Okay, I "need" a whole case of wipes.

What's to prevent someone from doing that?

Everyone that I saw was wearing a mask.

My store never had the directional arrows, so it was just like it was pre-Covid, in spacing.

It wasn't too crowded, so that was nice.

@Anonymous032819 @You got so much for your money. I ordered 44 items from Publix using Instacart delivery yesterday and paid $311. Of course our figures are based on the things we bought, which are priced differently, but, in my eyes, you did great.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 , did you buy meat?  One package of ground beef can cost me close to $10.  I bought Oscar Mayer bacon last week for $9.99.  Meat seems to be the main ingredient for increasing a food bill.  Oh,....and I like Brownberry Oatnut bread, $3.49 if not on sale.  And let's not talk about fruit prices.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Headed out the door for major shopping.  Will be buying meat for our freezer.