Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Anonymous032819  how's your bones?  Have you had a dexa scan yet?  I think you may be quite a bit younger than the average here.  One can never be too careful though. Hairline fractures to the hip can be fixed before they get really bad.  Take care. 

@germanshepherdlove 

When I went into meno at age 35, I had one done then, and the doctor said that the bones were good and healthy, and didn't have any concerns.

My doctor has not recommended one since.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

Ouch! I’m so sorry you slipped! A real shopping “trip!” That is so something that would happen (and has happened) to me! I’m glad your eggs survived.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That is odd that the sign wasn’t outside the store. It surprises me a bit that people are following the rules. Did it bother you not to see cleaning or counting of people in the store, etc?

Masks aren’t required here so few people wear them. Social distancing isn’t something I’m seeing practiced. People don’t seem to take the whole virus thing seriously.

All of my shopping is done online with pickup or delivery options. I don’t trust people who ignore suggested safety measures (“suggested” seems to be as strong as it gets in Florida) much more than I trust the virus. Until something changes in a very big way here, I won’t be going shopping in B&M stores again.

@willdob3, in her OP, @Anonymous032819 did say that there was a sign on the doors that masks were required.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 in my state New York they have banned plastic bags, you are encouraged to bring your own bags, or the store has paper bags that they charge you a nickel each. Just wondering since you couldn't use your own bags, what did the store provide and did they charge you?

@Jordan2, now, that is odd. Most supermarkets won't allow customers to bring their bags since this all began. I don't blame them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Years before I did do food shopping in the supermarket.  I always had reusable bags and insulated bags.  I never used plastic.  Now it always plastic bags.  As soon as I take the food out, the bag goes in the recycle bin to be picked up. I still have my old bags, but they can't be used again till this thing is over (if ever!)   I already want it to be next year in the of month May.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 in my state New York they have banned plastic bags, you are encouraged to bring your own bags, or the store has paper bags that they charge you a nickel each. Just wondering since you couldn't use your own bags, what did the store provide and did they charge you?

@Jordan2, now, that is odd. Most supermarkets won't allow customers to bring their bags since this all began. I don't blame them.

@suzyQ3 the cashier won't touch your bags, you have to bag your own groceries. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  I'm in southern NY, hotspot, in our grocery stores you have to use their plastic bags. No bags from home allowed. Since all this started, they brought back plastic bags.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Ah, okay, @Jordan2. Yes, that's the same at at least one of our markets, too. When I was still going out to shop, I stopped taking my own bags because it took me too long to pack them myself, I was holding up the long line of people waiting their turn.