Esteemed Contributor

I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping

I went to Grocery Outlet and they have signs on the doors stating that masks are to be worn, and to keep six feet apart, and that you cannot bring in your own bags.

There were no arrows on the floor.

I spent $101 and change.

I bought 47 items.

At the check out, there was a sign on the plexiglass partition, that said that masks had to be worn inside the store.

This sign was at the checkout.

You're already inside the store.

I found the placement of the sign to be amusing, anyway.

Then I went to Dollar Tree, which is a dollar store, and spent $19 there.

Unfortunately, they don't carry produce or refrigerated items. It's dry goods only.

There were arrows on the floor, but I didn't notice them until I was about ready to leave.

I did go the "wrong way", but nobody said anything.

Everybody was wearing masks, there wasn't anybody acting out of line.

At neither place was there anybody wiping down carts or making sure that patrons were wearing masks, or counting people in and out.

It has been a gentle rain here, and I was carrying my bags of groceries in, and in one bag was my eggs, when my foot went sliding out from underneath me when I got to the linoleum, and down I went. My right leg bent back, and left leg went straight forward, and down on my butt I went.

I wasn't hurt, and fortunately, the eggs that I was carrying didn't break.

So, that's my shopping trip.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Got Back From Grocery Shopping

I am glad your shopping experience went well and the store had mandatory mask wearing and social distancing.  As long as there are restrictions and the stores do what is necessary to protect everyone, then the message being sent is to be safe and we are doing our part.

I'm sorry you had a fall, thankfully you are well and not hurt. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 -

That sounds like it must have hurt!

I'm glad you are ok.

The store sounds like it was kind of a disorganized attempt at safety.

It seems some do really well at it and others not so much.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Ouch! I’m so sorry you slipped! A real shopping “trip!” That is so something that would happen (and has happened) to me! I’m glad your eggs survived.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That is odd that the sign wasn’t outside the store. It surprises me a bit that people are following the rules. Did it bother you not to see cleaning or counting of people in the store, etc?

Masks aren’t required here so few people wear them. Social distancing isn’t something I’m seeing practiced. People don’t seem to take the whole virus thing seriously.

All of my shopping is done online with pickup or delivery options. I don’t trust people who ignore suggested safety measures (“suggested” seems to be as strong as it gets in Florida) much more than I trust the virus. Until something changes in a very big way here, I won’t be going shopping in B&M stores again.

Esteemed Contributor

No, it didn't bother me that the carts weren't being wiped down.

I didn't notice if either place had toilet paper, as I wasn't looking for it, because I don't need any.

One thing that I did notice at Grocery Outlet, was that they had package spaghetti on sale for $0.89, but a limit of one package per customer.

That was the only limit that I saw.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 ...glad you were not injured but I bet your back side will ache in the morning.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  You shop where I enjoy going🙂 sounds like you found some good deals at the  Grocery outlet .  Glad you are ok from your fall! How scary! ❤️

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I don’t think I’d even notice if the carts were not being wiped down. I never bothered with the wipes they always had at the entrance of the grocery stores I shopped at until my last two visits, both in March. I’d probably just grab a cart and go!

Unless a store was crowded, I don’t think social distancing would be hard for me because the other people would be strangers. I think I will have a bigger challenge when I am back in the office. It is unnatural to stay at a distance from people one knows and is talking to. No one from work has come down with COVID-19 and that is good but I am still not comfortable with the whole idea of being around everyone again.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad that I have so much padding on my butt to cushion my fall!😄

My right knee was sore from my leg being bent backwards. My right heal was next to my butt.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Glad you got groceries, but sorry about your fall!  If either of my legs were bent that much I would have torn ligaments. 
   When I fall or have a really sore place I take an Alieve and it lasts 12 hours. Take care!