Honored Contributor

Be really careful with these calls - to make sure that it is actually the company calling you and not some kind of phishing operation.  Same goes for emails.  There are a lot of operations out there trying to get information so they can either use your cards or steal your personal information to take it even further and steal your ID and do all kinds of nefarious things.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Be really careful with these calls - to make sure that it is actually the company calling you and not some kind of phishing operation.  Same goes for emails.  There are a lot of operations out there trying to get information so they can either use your cards or steal your personal information to take it even further and steal your ID and do all kinds of nefarious things.

@chickenbutt, I actually didn't answer the phone, I let the machine record the message. I then called CS number on my card, she knew about the call and potential fraud. She then told me to hang up, she would call back to verify it was me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It is really bad this year.   I got an email from my visa with Amazon telling me they needed me to update my information ASAP or my account would be closed.  I called Amazon CC number and asked if they sent it and they said no and would never do that.  They asked me to forward the email to them so they could handle it on their end.   Then I got a call last night from the local police asking for donations.   Thank God I purchased this CPR blocker.  It is the best money I ever spent at QVC.  I just love hitting that big red button   LOL   I did call the local police and gave them the number.   Good Luck everyone and don't click on any ads on facebook.

Honored Contributor

Cash is the most private.  No tracking, no cc account problems, no 'this', no 'that'.    Using cash is fairly safer as long as we don't flash 100 dollar bills all around.  Just be discreet when using cash.  I'd say, have a good supply of $10's and $20's bills.  That way, onlookers won't see $100's, which could be a 'magnet', so to speak.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).