Honored Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

My left lower farthest back molar broke in half and I can't get in to see the dentist, of course.  I called her and she said they can't be open until April 24, and maybe not even then if our governor extends the stay at home regulation.  However, since I'm not in pain, all they can do is put me on the list and then when they can be open they will prioritize appointments.  If I lose more of the tooth, if I can't keep it clean of food, or if I start having pain I have to call her.

This pandemic makes me realize just how much I have taken some things for granted.  

@wismiss I really feel for you, I'm sorry. Just try and eat on the other side of your mouth. I'm suppose to get a cleaning and an exam and have been cancelled out on twice. I keep praying don't let anything happen to me, because I'll never get to see a doctor or dentist.

Honored Contributor

My dentist sent an email that any dental "emergencies " WOULD be taken care of.   A broken tooth is a Dental Emergency.  

So, Tell your dentist YOU ARE IN PAIN. That way you can get it fixed NOW.

Valued Contributor

@wismiss I'm right there with you.  My crown at back on lower right side broke and is jagged.  Ripping my tongue.  Plus my dentist retired in January and I have to go to a new one.  Hope he'll see me this coming week.  

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

I'm in WA state and I was lucky enough to get my 6 month cleaning just DAYS before the shelter in place, etc. went iinto effect.

However, my dental group sends periodic bulletins and we ARE to call if there is a case like this. They ARE set up to handle emergencies.

I can't understand why the OP's dentist "can't" handle this.

My son and his family are in California and I know this would be allowed there. Just doesn't make sense to

Honored Contributor

@wismiss, what bad luck. I hope that if you develop bad pain, you can get help.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland