Trusted Contributor

Re: I Heard He's Going to Speak

Nothing this sick disgusting person could say would hold any truth. Victims lives that were hurt or loss of life will never be the same. Family's torn apart. He is smug and arrogant . He has no heart or soul. What could he possibility say to comfort anyone. Forgiveness is not in his future.
Honored Contributor

I'm disheartened by the responses I've read here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

#######################

I'm not disheartened.  Not one darn bit.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

None of what I'm reading is that surprising.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no pity for him. First he said he did it in the name of such and such and now he asks for mercy from such and such. Sorry too little too late!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I am not sure why you are so disheartened.  He is reaping what he sowed.  He said a couple of very disturbing things.  He admitted that "he did it along with his brother"  which tells me his brother did not brainwash him and he takes full credit for what he did.  Also...he asked his God, Allah, to have mercy on him.  What???  If I understand this right, he believes that he will actually be rewarded, as will the rest of his family, BECAUSE of what he did.  A very dangerous mind set that tells me he would do it again in a heartbeat. I can pray for his soul and still want justice served.    . 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I believe his apology is sincere.  I will give him credit for admitting in his statement that he and his brother did do it. 

Frequent Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why? The guy is an evil monster who ruined many people's lives. Period. End of story.

Respected Contributor

Last week when the Charleston shooter appeared in court, most of the victims' families addressed him and expressed forgiveness for his act, urging him to repent and seek the forgiveness of God.  Those responses are so different from some of the posts here.  I think we could all benefit from the example that Charleston provides.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Last week when the Charleston shooter appeared in court, most of the victims' families addressed him and expressed forgiveness for his act, urging him to repent and seek the forgiveness of God.  Those responses are so different from some of the posts here.  I think we could all benefit from the example that Charleston provides.  

I agree. When we have children and 19 is hardly an adult who were born in this country to middle class parents being influenced by radicals can we really not understand a young man under the influence of an older brother and radical family?