Honored Contributor

Re: I Heard He's Going to Speak

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Last week when the Charleston shooter appeared in court, most of the victims' families addressed him and expressed forgiveness for his act, urging him to repent and seek the forgiveness of God.  Those responses are so different from some of the posts here.  I think we could all benefit from the example that Charleston provides.  

I agree. When we have children and 19 is hardly an adult who were born in this country to middle class parents being influenced by radicals can we really not understand a young man under the influence of an older brother and radical family?

Those responses of forgiveness from the victims loved ones are from people who also expect justice.  I want him to get a very long sentence or the death penalty.  He is not a child,  He is an adult.  He needs to pay for what he did.  If he didn't pay for what he did that would be nothing more than "cheap forgiveness" that rendors nothing.

I edited this to say that I read somewhere once this line...." peace at any cost that sacrifices honesty, integrity, and passion is not true forgiveness"  .