Regular Contributor

Re: I Hate Winter

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't mind winter if we could get through it without the super frigid temperatures.  I can't help but think of all the birds and wildlife, not to mention poor neglected pets that suffer when we are hit with the extreme cold.  I should be used to it though having lived in Iowa my whole life.

Things are looking up here in NE Iowa.  Sun is shining for the first time in days, the wind has died down a bit and we're up to 0! 

Honored Contributor

I do not like extreme weather conditions in any season.

Honored Contributor

I also hate winter.  I'm in SE PA and thank G-d that I don't live in Canada or some upper Midwest areas!  It's cold here but could be much worse there!

Yes it gets very cold here (It's currently 9 out!...ugh!) but not as cold as where my brother lives in the St. Louis area....although today it's a few degrees warmer there.

For me it's not just the snow, ice & cold but the endless days of gray.  The ground is either brown with maybe a hint of green or white from snow & salt.  I hate when salt gets all of the cars so disgustingly dirty!  The sky is mostly gray with only an occasional sunny day.  Endless days of gray makes my mood gray!

Summer here is really not too bad. We get temps up into the 90s but it rarely gets to 100.  The humidity can be awful but it usually breaks after a week or so and on those days where it's in the 80s with low humidity it can be wonderful!

Trusted Contributor
I’m from Nassau County as well and hate winter too!
Esteemed Contributor

Winter is my favorite season. Maybe move to Florida.

Valued Contributor
I also hate winter. If I could change the months it would go July through October and repeat over and over. And I live in Northern California
Regular Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I'm the opposite but then again I live in Arizona. I hate summer. Month after month of between 100-120 degree heat with lows sometimes in the 90's. Sweat, sweat and more sweat. Get tired of wearing shorts and seeing people half naked. Getting into a 140 degree car, can't enjoy doing anything outside until from May to October. I'll take winter any time.

That must be hard to deal with.  I never feel clean in extreme heat and I find it personally very taxing.  I like to think I preserve better in the cold.

Respected Contributor
I love Winter! The beauty of it. All the Winter activities. The heartier foods and warm drinks. I also like being able to have 4 seasons and being outside in them. I would much rather be cold than hot. I will always live in the North where it has Winter. Southern areas are a nice place to visit for a few weeks when it is less hot, but not to live for me.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 - I agree with you! I grew up in the south and wasn't around it until we moved north. Even then we were in the "northern" part of the south- LOL, but we did get a little snow.

I didn't know DH's family before we were married. Shortly after,  we were going up for Easter. I was still in "impress the family" mode, so I wanted to look nice. DH was picking me up after school and we would leave from there. I was going to be off for the Easter break.  I wore a spring dress, and regular heels. I had packed for spring. About a mile or two from his family home his dad had to come in his truck and try to pull us out of a snowdrift. They carried me to the truck, because of course I had no boots. The car had to stay. And it was about midnight.

Thank goodness he had four sisters! If it weren't for them I wouldn't have had anything to wear! So much for looking good. And of course I did not want to participate in any of the "fun" winter activities, but I did! 

At least when we returned home it was spring!    Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

I don't mind the winter, what I really dislike about the winters here in the Northeast is the snow, especially when it turns into that dirty slushy snow, and it is hard walking in the snow for me.