Trusted Contributor

I Had Today The Most Nicest Complement And A Laughable Moment

[ Edited ]

I had a yard sale today and we were talking about age and I mentioned I was 74. This lady said to me you don't look anywhere near 74 your skin is so pretty. Me blushing  I said.  "ARGAN OIL" Just like the French lady Josie always talks about. Yes I do use Argan Oil for years.  Well we all started laughing so hard because the other women seen Josie say this. One ask me did I move from France?? There were about 8 women there we laughed all afternoon. I made some ice tea and had treats for them.  We are going to meet up next week for lunch. Wow! Josie didn't mention using her oil you make new friends and have a good laugh. Made my day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Had Today The Most Nicest Complement And The Funnest Moment!

Aww, that's sweet.  It's always nice to get a compliment, and you made new friends to boot.  So glad you had an enjoyable day.  Sounds like fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

I had a yard sale today and we were talking about age and I mentioned I was 74. This lady said to me you don't look anywhere near 74 your skin is so pretty. Me blushing and I said.  "ARGAN OIL" Just like the French lady Josie always talks about. Yes I do use Argan Oil for years.  Well we all started laughing so hard because the other women seen Josie say this. One ask me did I move from France?? There was about 8 women there we laughed all afternoon. I made them ice tea and had treats for them.  We are going to meet up next week for lunch. Wow! Josie didn't mention using her oil you make new friends and have a good laugh. Made my day.

Vickiv.....what a wonderful story.  I know that really did make your day and I am sure you are as beautiful as your words here.    Have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

@Vickiv, what a cute story.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a sample packet of that oil somewhere. I should go find itSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I Had Today The Most Nicest Complement And The Funnyest Moment!

@Vickiv

So glad you all had fun together and became friends... that is a fun story... here is mine to add, if you don't mind...

This was also an "inopportune moment"...

I was waking up from anesthesia from a routine Colonoscopy...

the nurse came over to check on me and started by asking my age...

I told her my age and she said "you don't look that old."  (which was a compliment, of course)

Laughing, I told my husband (who was also there) ... "they are trained to do this so people will come back for their routine procedures!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

tansy .  Hurry up and find it. You could be the next lady from France!

Respected Contributor

Re: I Had Today The Most Nicest Complement And A Laughable Moment

Forget the WEN gallons - get us gallons of the argan oil so we can bathe in it! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a great story!!! So happy for you! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv That's nice.  I'm glad you posted that because I bla bla about how people say I don't look 70 years old and I use Dr. Denese.  

My point is we all need to use what we think works best for us...right?  It doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other, it's what we all like.

I don't think enough people come on here with positive posts like your's.  It was nice to read.  My guess though is that you have a happy and young heart and people recognize that too!