Esteemed Contributor

I Guess I'm Doing A Day Trip Tomorrow

DD has toorrow and Friday off.  She just called and asked if I wanted get out tomorrow and hit the road. lol

She has a hair appointment @ 10am. Takes 1/2 hour, she hair is really short, no fuss.  Then at 11:30am sign loan docs for buying the HRV.  Dealership is 45 mins. from hair salon.

Then 1 and 1/2 hrs. to our favorite deli/meats in central PA.  We want to stop for some apples and cider too.

Had no plans so what the heck, might as well get out.

She declared since she had Friday off we can start fall cleaning.  Oh boy!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Guess I'm Doing A Day Trip Tomorrow

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Have fun all except for that fall cleaning!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like a great way to spend time with your DD and welcome Fall!  You are so fortunate she thought of you when she has time off. Hope you enjoy your time together.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   Thanks.  Tomorrow will be very enjoyable.  We always have a good time together.

She is a good kid.  I say kid but she is a grown up nearly 53 year old woman. She is a big help. She loves grocery shopping, I loathe it.  She does the heavy cleaning for me. She doesn't mind ladders, I'm a nope at my age for any climbing.

I'm still trying to figure out where she got the sewing/quilting bug.  And she is great at it. Sure wasn't from me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23   She is always asking me if I want to ride here or there with her.

She loves to drive.  It's a good thing.  She has driven 70 miles round trip to work for nearly 27 years.

Honored Contributor

Thursday sounds like fun.  Friday...not so much.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, DD just called, change in plans.  She is going into work after her hair cut and signing car docs.  Dealership is right across from her office. Something came up on a case and the attorney is out today. DD told him she would come in the do what needs to be done.

Friday we will go to central PA.  Start of cleaning is Saturday.

Such is the life of a paralegal.  As a legal secretary I changed many a scheduled day off.

Respected Contributor

That sounds wonderful. Some of my fondest memories are days of just hanging out with my mom. Eating out, shopping and taking little trips. 

Take every opportunity you have to be with DD. Every moment is a treasure.  I'd even enjoy fall cleaning, right now, if my mom was still here. 

Regular Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Then 1 and 1/2 hrs. to our favorite deli/meats in central PA.  We want to stop for some apples and cider too.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I'm in NE PA too.  Can I ask which store is your favority for deli/meats in Central PA?  I'm always interested in a new good place to shop!