Super Contributor

To clarify, the final purchase price was more than the advertised $5,000. That's why I said that it was too good to be true!Wink

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

You do see 2013 Camrys with this kind of mileage listed for 4x this price.

Something just seems odd here.

Did you have it checked out?

Super Contributor

Well, there was personal stuff inside the car when I took it for a test drive, so somebody was driving it before I got the car. And as for the price, I should clarify, that the dealership had put the car in the wrong category. It actually ended up costing more than what they had it showing for, the $0 - $5,000 price range. On the website it said to "Contact dealer" about the price.

And my boo-boo, it's actually a 4 door Carolla. I don't know why I thought it was a Camry. I've only had it for two days now.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

If the dealer has a return policy I think it would be wise for you to check this car checked out.

Honored Contributor

Such a wonderful feeling that first morning you wake up to your new car in the driveway. Get you some new sunglasses to go with it for a whole lot of summer fun. Congrats!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Corollas are nice, too, but this better explains the price. My hairdresser drives one and he loves it.

Have many miles of safe driving! Toyota cars are also pretty good on gas mileage.

Super Contributor
On 6/6/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Wow, that sounds like you made a great deal.

And Toyotas are made in the USA, so I don't see what's "unpatriotic" about owning one.

Enjoy your new ride!!

(I agree that I hope you had it checked out before laying down the $$)

Some people have this ridiculous idea that one should only buy American cars, like Ford, GM, et. al. and look down their nose at anyone who buys a foreign vehicle. Why, I don't know, but they do.

Honored Contributor

2013 Corollas with that kind of mileage (and much higher) still go for a lot more.

A LOT.

Just looking out for you, Yuban, when I say that its in your best interest to have this car checked out.

Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:
On 6/6/2014 ktlynam said:

A 2013 Toyota Camry, 11,000 miles on it, for less than $5,000??? What did the background check show on it? Did it come from a state with recent flooding?

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from it!

That concerned me also. While I'm thrilled for Yuban's new car purchase, I hope she got a great one. That price for a 2013 with only 11,000 miles on it concerns me.

It's sounds like it was a rental car.

A little hint - I go to a lot of estate sales...my next door neighbors are antique dealers and they are teaching me the ropes.

There are often low mileage, great condition cars right at the estate sales, priced to sell. My neighbors said the key is to find out who owned the house (on line records are usually now available) and make sure the title is in the name of the late owner (and it wasn't something being sold on consignment to appear to have been owned by a little old lady!).

I convinced my late aunt to lease instead of buy her last car. She just drove it into the village once or twice a week - 6 miles round trip...when she passed away, the dealer got back a two year old car with less than 1,000 miles!!!!! Practically brand new.

Congrats on your new car. Cars now are much more reliable (in my experience)...you'll love it! Even if you have to put some money into it...you got a great deal.

Honored Contributor

Congrats...Toyota's are well made. You did good until you told them what you could pay monthly...because they can back in the price of the car. Have you put a pencil to the 300 a month payments x the years you financed? Hopefully it adds up to the 5,000? Anyhoo enjoy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**