Honored Contributor

Re: I Give Up, Snow Showers For Saturday.

[ Edited ]

Us too. I brought in my plants because of a 10 day cold trend.

Respected Contributor

We live in New Hampshire.  I've often said that the New in New Hampshire stands for "Never Ending Winter".

Honored Contributor

Our benchmark for late snow in western New York State is Mother's Day.  Doesn't happen often, but it's not unheard of.  I feel bad for the hummingbirds when that happens.

Honored Contributor

It's supposed to be lousy weather here in SE PA too this weekend.

March was warmer than April.  I sure hope the weather doesn't suddenly go up into the 90s which it does sometimes skipping spring.

Honored Contributor

It's been a weird year in terms of weather. Much of the winter saw highs in the fifties and rain. Much of the spring has seen highs in the fifties and rain. Ugh! I was really hoping for an early, warm spring, but it's not to be. Friday and Saturday night are to be in the thirties again with frost and maybe freeze warnings. Next week has multiple nights with temps in the low 40's. May 14th is the last frost date here, but we're typically safe long before that. Not this year. I've got about 400 seedlings that really want to be outside, but I just can't trust this weather.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I get it for sure!  I was just lamenting that, too!  I told other people ---- what? ---- pinch me --- am I in a time warp or something --- are we stuck in March????  I then tell myself (I give myself pep talks periodically) --- C'mon ---- we have to get a break soon, don't we --- huh, huh????  I mean, the su**y weather, the virus, and I see on t.v. the "monster" murdering hornets, or whatever they call them!!!  Biting off the heads of the poor honey bees!  Yikes!  Have you seen a picture of those beasts???  And the stinger on them -- they go right through a beekeeper's suit!  If you get stung with one of those things --- .  Hope they are able to off them soon.  Our food supply is really in trouble if not!  (Yeah, yippee--- time for another pep talk!  Don't mind me -- I'm getting delirious! just my feeble attempt at humour --- )

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

The weather is cold, unseasonable a great many places...where many of us live.  It is what it is and will change soon enough.  Compared to what millions of people are going through with health worries, financial unknowns... a colder spring rates a big zero as to what matters.  Count your blessings, proper perspective can be quite uplifting.

Seriously?  Someone can't post about the weather without being scolded for "not counting our blessings"?  Just because many of us (myself included) prefer warm days and decide to post about unseasonable cold, and of course the usual "we have more important things to worry about"  post pops up. Frankly, I'm glad someone posted something besides the constant barrage of Covid threads.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, so much for global warming!  So sick of this cold, cloudy weather!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in upstate NY.  We're going to have yet another snow-filled Mother's' Day. Given our quarantine, it doesn't seem to matter all that much.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Ohio and we're in the same cold boat.  The weather over the weekend was gorgeous.  Monday the bottom dropped out.  Tomorrow is supposed to be decent but then they are calling for a rain/snow mix Friday and Saturday.

According to our local weather forecasters, next week is supposed to be unseasonably cool as well.  We are stuck at home and cannot even go sit outside and enjoy the nice weather.