Trusted Contributor

Re: I Give Up, Snow Showers For Saturday.

Yes, @CrazyKittyLvr2, this PA weather super sucks. Two of my magnolia trees were frozen out this Spring. If I"m lucky, I may be able to put my snow shovel away in July, until then, it will decorate my porch. 

Respected Contributor

Weather man said snow on Friday.....I hear ya!  Keep the shovel out....keep your snow tires on until June!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I grew up in cental PA but moved to the northern part when I got married.  What a difference.

Even going 10 miles south is like a different world.  Our trees would not have leaves yet, but 10 miles away everything was green and forsythia and tulips were out and beautiful.

I miss 4 distinct and separate seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2. I know what you mean.  This weather has been crazy.  Our azaleas started to bud in March, then it got colder, and now there is a tiny bit of color on top.  Our Rhodys are usually in full bloom by Mother's Day; nothing so far.  

I'm having a difficult time with this quarantine.   Cold and rainy days make it very hard to find a reason to get up.  I keep reminding myself that we need to stay safe, even if I don't like not seeing my family.

Regular Contributor

Beautiful here.  It's Hawaii afterall.  But I gave up when I heard and read about The Murder Hornets. 

Honored Contributor

Here in the PNW it beautiful and sunny - about 65 degrees - I was outside weeding.  Sunday it is predicted to be 80!  It is supposed to be raining.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've had several days of over 100 already and many more months of between 100-120. Trade ya.  Can't even go for a walk unless it's 5 am.

Esteemed Contributor

Our April / May weather in Central Midwest is generally windy and rainy, which never made me fond of spring. Somehow we lucked out this year. Decent temperatures which have been great for walking and cycling. Our flowers are planted and talking about tomato plants - thinking it may be time soon. Pesky straight line winds a few days ago but keeping fingers and toes crossed that we can skip into summer. I'm sorry about the cold. It does get old, doesn't it?  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I'm over it too! SW PA is no better. I need it to be Spring. I need to feel some sun on my skin. I need to sit on the deck and read a book. I told my friend today that I think I would feel so much better if the weather would just warm up a bit. Yes, I'm grateful that none of my family is sick, that my husband is still working, I just need to *itch a little too. Thank you all for listening.❤️

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I'd rather have your weather - hate hot and humid.

F/N/A luvstogarden