Valued Contributor

Re: I Found a Photo of the "Gorgeousness" of Paul Newman

Is there a way to put his photo on my facebook page?

TIA!

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

How was he a hypocrite?

Don't have time to list but these books were pretty thorough in discussing his life.

Paul Newman: A Life by Shawn Levy

Paul Newman: A Biography by Eric Lax

If you're trying to say he had faults, wasn't perfect, had an affair (or several?), then say so.  But where does "hypocrite" come in?  People who aren't perfect can still do good things.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

In 1964 the Democratic Convention was in Atlantic City.  The Young Dems were the ushers.  One of the afternoons there was a youth rally hosted by Paul Newman. (and the Johnson girls)  He was breathtakingly gorgeous.

When I was in college I was visiting a friend in Westport, CT.  We saw him in a local grocery store. (for the citizens of Westport, this was a common occurrence) Be still my heart.HeartHeart

Sunny, thank you for giving my eyes a treat.

Trusted Contributor

Joanne Woodward and I are sorority sisters.  She was at LSU and I at a Texas school.  Word that has been going around for some time is that, sadly, the Alzheimer story is true.  Her long and successful marriage with Paul was always characterized by great love and also great mutual respect.

Trusted Contributor

So gorgeous....not too many today can compare....I also found Robert Redford, Clint Eastwood, Rock Hudson awfully good looking...I think today that Zack Effron has those handsome looks, Clooney is handsome also...can't really think of too many others...

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

Anyway, back to the topic.  I plan on buying the stamps and papering my office wall with them. 

@RoughDraft...LOL...Well, you had better get in line very early once the stamps become available, as @sunala (OP) plans on "stamping" her bedroom walls.. (previous thread of hers)...so I'm sure they will sell out very quickly!...I would also suggest that she now take this "Gorgeousness" picture that she posted and have it enlarged to place on her bedroom ceiling!...She will then be totally encapsulated by him!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Anyway, back to the topic.  I plan on buying the stamps and papering my office wall with them. 

@RoughDraft...LOL...Well, you had better get in line very early once the stamps become available, as @sunala (OP) plans on "stamping" her bedroom walls.. (previous thread of hers)...so I'm sure they will sell out very quickly!...I would also suggest that she now take this "Gorgeousness" picture that she posted and have it enlarged to place on her bedroom ceiling!...She will then be totally encapsulated by him!...LOL

@MyShadowLove  I'm laughing out loud.  I already copied sunala's beautiful picture to my computer just to tide me over in case of a stamp shortage.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Regular Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

In 1964 the Democratic Convention was in Atlantic City.  The Young Dems were the ushers.  One of the afternoons there was a youth rally hosted by Paul Newman. (and the Johnson girls)  He was breathtakingly gorgeous.

When I was in college I was visiting a friend in Westport, CT.  We saw him in a local grocery store. (for the citizens of Westport, this was a common occurrence) Be still my heart.HeartHeart

Sunny, thank you for giving my eyes a treat.

Many years ago I lived and worked in Westport and as you said, it was quite common to see both Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward around town. I remember the first time I saw them, it was the day before Thanksgiving. I went to the Grand Union supermarket for a few last minute things. As I walked up one of the aisles, I passed a woman who was putting a few things in her cart. As I moved a little further on, I heard her say, "honey, can you come get this down for me?" A man a little further up ahead turned around and started walking back towards her (and me). It was Paul Newman and the woman was Joanne Woodward. Unfortunately, he had sunglasses on, so I didn't get to see those beautiful eyes, but it was pretty cool, nonetheless!

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm really glad that I was  sitting down, or else I would have fallen down - looking at the gorgeous specemin of a man.  Seeing his incredibly beautiful face always makes me weak in the knees and my heart start pumping so loud and fast....completely involuntarily, too !  To whomever it was who was so kind to share that photo with us, I must thank you so much for that.       Smiley Surprised What a hunk of a man he was. Thank you again.