Esteemed Contributor

I Forget Sunday Is Mother's Day.

Mom is gone so I pay no attention to the holiday.

I am 70 yrs. old and don't need or want a darn thing.  I gave my kids orders years ago not to spend their money on me. I will see them on Sunday and have a nice visit.

It was fun when the kids were small and did the handmade cards and gifts.

Anyone else not get all excited about Mother's Day?

In my 30s I worked at a restaurant and grew to hate most holidays.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Forget Sunday Is Mother's Day.

I don't, either.  For me, it just because my so-called mother is a horrible, cruel, HORRIBLE person and I have absolutely no respect for her, not to mention any kind of like or love.

Also, much like you, I'm not much at all for holidays in general.   I don't begrudge others enjoying them and glad for any joy one might have for whatever reason.  But, for me, holidays mean nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Sorry I disagree with you. I love Mother's Day. My DH & son always make a fuss over me. This year we are celebrating with my DIL & her parents. My son made reservations at our favorite restaurant on the water.

My son & now DIL & I are very close. We spend a lot of time together. I love every minute of it. Mother's Day is also a day for my son.He made me a mother, so every Mother's Day I get him a little gift too. This year I got one for my DIL as well.

I feel very grateful & blessed.

Esteemed Contributor

No kids only fur children. I'm not much into Hallmark holidays either. Mother's Day and Father's Day don't mean much to me.

Respected Contributor

I don't pay any attention to either mother's or father's day. We never observed them in my family. I had great parents, but they just felt it was more important to show people that you love and appreciate them every day of the year, not just because the date on the calendar said so. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't get all excited about it. I did buy gift cards the my mom, dh's mom and our daughter in law. 

Respected Contributor

Don't need anything either so I tried telling my children "no gifts" and they were not having it. They were adamant that it gave them great pleasure to remember me with a small gift and not to take that pleasure away. I know I enjoyed choosing something for my mother, and now that she's gone, I miss it.

Valued Contributor

We celebrate with total Joyful, Love and excitement.
After many years of infertility, and miscarriages I got pregnant the old fashioned way. Our son is a daddy now which makes us grandparents, so you bet I/ we celebrate.
I do miss my Mom very much ❤️
Honored Contributor

My mom passed away 10 years ago and I'm not a mom so Mother's Day is just another day for me.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww, not sure if you have grandchildren, but the day still is a great one for me.

My mother doesn't want any gifts, but I bought her a book that I know she'd enjoy.  Won't take up any room after she reads it as she can donate if she wants to.

For Father's Day my dad always gets the same thing from me as he has since I was a kid.  A pound bag of pistachios (the RED ones) from the Farmer's Market.  Says they always taste better than from the grocery store.

Enjoy your visit with your children.