Respected Contributor

Re: I Finally Got My Own Bike

@Bird mama wrote:

I need a new bike.  I bought a 3 speed Schwinn that looks like a Peewee Herman bike.  Bike is cool but weighs a ton.  The seat was a real 'back breaker'.

@Bird mama I could never ride those speed bike where you have to bend over and I always felt shaky and they scared me.  It's no enjoyable to ride on that kind of bike.  So when I saw these with the "fat tires" and the wide seat with normal handlebars, I knew this was for me.  The are simply for cruising and feeling secure although this one will plow through sand, grass, gravel, whatever is in it's way.  It's a seven speed also but you can get it as a regular bike with no speeds.  I have a small butt and not much fat on it so I love the idea of a wide cushiony seat. 

It's been so long since I've even looked at a bike and it's amazing the things they offer now.  And you can just tell when you sit on one how well it's built and the way they finished it was gorgeous.  It was almost like an enamel on the inside of the tires. 

Sorry for going on and on ... I've never been more excited.  It's going to be my escape from home.  I may never come back!

Respected Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

I love the color, enjoy riding it! I wish I could ride a bike but with my balance issues, that's not happening, I'd need a tricycle!

I'm sorry you have issues.  They do make three wheel bikes.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar

Mine is a navy blue Schwinn Cruiser 3.  I've had a few accidents on it and must say, considering the damage to my body, the bike held up, lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@sparklestar

Mine is a navy blue Schwinn Cruiser 3.  I've had a few accidents on it and must say, considering the damage to my body, the bike held up, lol

Oooo love the seat color.  That's a nice bike. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for sharing in my joy! 

Trusted Contributor

What a nice thread.    I too love the bike and wish you much happiness on it.    What fun you will  have.   

Trusted Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Sparklestar-How do you like your new bike? We just returned from Wash D.C.. I saw a million people on bikes. I want one, now. I have an old one but I think it's too tall for me.

Respected Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

Sparklestar-How do you like your new bike? We just returned from Wash D.C.. I saw a million people on bikes. I want one, now. I have an old one but I think it's too tall for me.

I didn't pick it up today.  I ended up leaving work early this afternoon because I was not feeling well.  For some reason my ankles and feet were swollen (which never happens to me) and I had an awful headache that made my stomach ill.  As much as I wanted to go get it, I decided best to wait.  I'm going Saturday.  I'll let you know Saturday when I get it.  I feel like a kid again.  It's like riding on a swing .. no matter how old you are, it makes you feel young.

Frequent Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

The one and only bike I ever had was shared between my four sisters and I.  I will be 62 and I now own my own bike.  I am sooooo excited.  I pick it up this Thursday.  Isn't it pretty?

\\

So pretty!

Enjoy!!!

Trusted Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@Lacey1 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

I didn't pick it up today.  I ended up leaving work early this afternoon because I was not feeling well.  For some reason my ankles and feet were swollen (which never happens to me) and I had an awful headache that made my stomach ill.  As much as I wanted to go get it, I decided best to wait.  I'm going Saturday.  I'll let you know Saturday when I get it.  I feel like a kid again.  It's like riding on a swing .. no matter how old you are, it makes you feel young.

Oh my! Sending get well wishes! I'm so excited to hear about your new bike, I'm going to try and make nice with my bike. When I bought it, the bike salesman said the frame should be tall enough, so that when I'm sitting on the seat-my feet should be touching tip toe on the ground. I've always felt a little unsteady on it and felt that if I could 'flat foot' while sitting-it would be better.The seat is in it's lowest position, I'm 5'6". It's a Raliegh Venture 3.0 bike. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm getting differing opinions about the tippy toe thing.