Respected Contributor

Maybe it is more like a badly scripted movie.  There is a big largely unmasked convention being held in Ft. Worth while a convention center in GA is being converted into a Covid hospital.

I do imagine parents and kids marching like a pack of zombies toward the schools.

Esteemed Contributor
Not stuck and not a zombie here.
Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

Maybe it is more like a badly scripted movie.  There is a big largely unmasked convention being held in Ft. Worth while a convention center in GA is being converted into a Covid hospital.

I do imagine parents and kids marching like a pack of zombies toward the schools.

@KarenQVC 

Zombies are already dead. COVID-19 can’t hurt them. There will be a lot of hurt if kids go back to school in the middle of this. Teachers need to strike. Parents need to keep their kids home. School can be done virtually. Learning can be made up later. Lives lost can’t be.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of things we still can do.  We do have access to media, Zoom and other things.  Don't focus on what you can have.  

Honored Contributor

As long as I wake up every morning COVID-free, it's a good day.  In my life in this environment, everything is relative to not being alive.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC   If you are referring to the COVID 19 crisis, we would not be stuck but certain states at the beginning refused to close and now their cases are exploding. and some opened too soon.  It's a shame that people can't give up some enjoyment to save lives.  It may even be the life of your child or mother.  Who knows what the future holds.  I am sure there will be other viruses, etc. that will threaten the worldwide population.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I don't feel stuck.I feel totally screwed. Absolutely nothing has gone right for me since Covid. I can't wait for this terrible year to end.

I usually don't like rushing time,because I don't relish being a year older. But this year has got to end,period.

Respected Contributor

Let me clarify--my life is fine.  But I do consider myself just a small part of the USA.  Remember the plane over PA on 9/11.  I keep expecting those at the seat of power to rush the cockpit to save us all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC  I understand why you feel that way.😊 I've never witnessed anything like this in my lifetime, nor would I have believed it possible if someone forewarned of it several years ago.🤔 

I do not feel like a zombie, but have been affected by the prolonged disruption in basic human interaction. I stay as positive as I can, but admit it is more challenging than it has ever been for me. Thankfully, it is a challenge I am winning. Although, sometimes it feels like groundhog day.😁

We are a resilient nation in times of extreme hardship, and will emerge wiser, and stronger than ever before! Let's just pray it's sooner than later.😊🙏

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I feel limited but not really stuck. 

I'm sure a number of things are coloring people's outlook on this. 

First, where you live, and how pervasive the virus is. Some places appear to be heavily affected, other places, not. 

Second, what your finances are. People battling financially through this, maybe loss of job or reduction of hours or a second job they relied on, are going to feel much worse about their situation that people like us, who haven't lost any work or wages. Money, or more precisely the lack of it, can lead to increased stress and depression and create a less than favorable outlook on life's situation.

Third, what kind of life one lived before the pandemic. If you were already retired or at home most of the time, not overly social, life might not be all that different. If you were out and about, traveled, had lots of social contact, lots of friends and family to gather with, this time has to seem like being in prison. Separation from out routines and our contacts isn't easy on many people.

Fourth, whether or not you have been sick, or known people who have or passed from this virus will reflect in your feelings. Those that know no one that has been ill or died, aren't as directly effected, and don't have the same outlook as those who have felt this virus on a more personal level.

I haven't lived through a couple of times I feel were worse, but there are still a number of people living who did. 

The great depression was worse. The safety nets weren't there.

WW II was worse. So much sacrifice, so many lives lost.