Honored Contributor

Re: I Feel Like I'm Going To Combust.

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Ours here in Texas was last Friday thru Tues. right at 100 with heat index in the 100's.  Six weeks ahead of our typical summer schedule.  Yesterday and this morning woke up to 60º.  Almost went back in the house to put actual shoes on my feet instead of sandals. Breath of fresh air until the next wave set for in a couple of days.  10 day forecast show lots of 100's!!!!!!!

@beckyb1012 

That "cooler" front we got in Texas was nice while it lasted, the last couple of mornings were delightful...Woman Very Happy....Where I am in Texas looking at mid 90's which is about normal...... Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hoping for an early and lengthy fall... Even under the best of circumstances, which these aren't, I'm not a fan of summer... Given that the few things that make summer even minimally worthwhile are pretty much off the table this year, I say, why bother... Spring was more or less a non-event, so why not treat summer the same... Let's bring on fall... Cooler temps, lower humidity and that pretty fall light...

@stevieb 

I'm with you!!!!  We didnt even get much of our usual "Texas winter" last year....  Im all for cooler temperatures and a real "winter".....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Hot (in the 90's), 100% humidity and it's raining. This is why it's so lush. The rain brings no relief because it's still hot, humid and steamy but now you get wet on top of sweating when you go outside.

@FiddleDeeDee  You said it... Always mystifies me when folks assume the rain makes things more comfy... Most often it makes it worse... The temps may drop but the humidity goes up... When the rain ushers out a particularly nasty weather front, sometimes there's relief, but around here, anyway, it usually doesn't much improve things at all...

@stevieb 

The rain may cool things down for a moment but we get paid back DOUBLE with the humidity and the heat returns with a vengence....ARRRGGGHHH!!!  But at the same time our area doesn't want a drought either....

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt I thought about it but I don't want to lug mine back and forth nor should I have to.  The electric throw is easier.  

He's a very nice guy but it's just inconsiderate.  Buy a fan if you need to exist as an eskimo.  I know I am ridiculous the other way but I have never expected anyone to work in 80 degrees and have never touched the thermostat.  I put on a sweater which has worked for two decades now.

It is so cold the vents are dripping with condensation.  He just called someone to come "repair" it.  I hope I get to be here when the guy looks at him and says turn the ac up.  It's too cold!  

@Laura14 

He probably froze up the unit by having it too cold....SMH!

Esteemed Contributor

It's hot and humid where I am too. Got up early Tues Morning and went out to work in the garden a little bit. Felt great till I started doing anything. Came in soaking wet with sweat. Ugh.

I really thank God for airconditioning.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt My boss and I.  I'm the red head.  🤣

454CE807-C3D7-40B6-9E29-3B719626E4B5.jpeg