Respected Contributor

Re: I Feel Like I'm Going To Combust.

Southwestern PA.  Miserable weather.  We had our thunderstorms about 45 minutes ago, it hasn't cooled off much.  And as result of storm our electricity went out.

Well after the storms the cold front finally arrived.  However our electric is still out from 8pm yesterday.  They estimate it may not be back on until 10pm today.  We feel like stepchildren as our power company is placing us last on their list for service.  Food in freezer should be ok.  Can't pump any water out of the well, so no flushing unless I can find a creek and fetch a bucket of water.

We are researching getting new windows, but I think we should get a generator instead.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda I love either one.  I went to college in Louisiana and stayed in a non AC dorm.  People thought I was nuts so close to the bayou but I just run cold.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Ours here in Texas was last Friday thru Tues. right at 100 with heat index in the 100's.  Six weeks ahead of our typical summer schedule.  Yesterday and this morning woke up to 60º.  Almost went back in the house to put actual shoes on my feet instead of sandals. Breath of fresh air until the next wave set for in a couple of days.  10 day forecast show lots of 100's!!!!!!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hoping for an early and lengthy fall... Even under the best of circumstances, which these aren't, I'm not a fan of summer... Given that the few things that make summer even minimally worthwhile are pretty much off the table this year, I say, why bother... Spring was more or less a non-event, so why not treat summer the same... Let's bring on fall... Cooler temps, lower humidity and that pretty fall light...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  I thought the same thing as I closed the door on a recent humid evening. Bring on fall!!

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Hot (in the 90's), 100% humidity and it's raining. This is why it's so lush. The rain brings no relief because it's still hot, humid and steamy but now you get wet on top of sweating when you go outside.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Hot (in the 90's), 100% humidity and it's raining. This is why it's so lush. The rain brings no relief because it's still hot, humid and steamy but now you get wet on top of sweating when you go outside.

@FiddleDeeDee  You said it... Always mystifies me when folks assume the rain makes things more comfy... Most often it makes it worse... The temps may drop but the humidity goes up... When the rain ushers out a particularly nasty weather front, sometimes there's relief, but around here, anyway, it usually doesn't much improve things at all...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Smiley LOL  That's how it's done!

I actually don't use air conditioning because I am cold in any temp below 80 degrees.  The new owners at work keep it like an icebox and I finally for the first time in my almost 20 years here broke down and brought in an electric blanket to keep under my desk this week.   Between that and my Irish sweaters and walking down to the mail box to warm up, I'm getting through the workday.

I am a little ticked I won't be able to change to my summer wardrobe and I have to keep with the winter because it's literally so cold my nose runs but what can you do?  I wish I could borrow some of you with the warm blood.  Mine is ice cold.  

@Laura14 

My friend worked in an office like that and she ended up buying a space heater to bring to work.....SMH!!!!  At my office my desk was right near the windows and in Texas even with the drapes pulled it was unbearable....I asked my boss if I could move to another desk, thankfully I was accomodated....so glad I work mostly from home now and can control my work environment  Smiley Happy  But I cant stand summer and the heat and those A/C bills.... Smiley Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I thought about it but I don't want to lug mine back and forth nor should I have to.  The electric throw is easier.  

He's a very nice guy but it's just inconsiderate.  Buy a fan if you need to exist as an eskimo.  I know I am ridiculous the other way but I have never expected anyone to work in 80 degrees and have never touched the thermostat.  I put on a sweater which has worked for two decades now.

It is so cold the vents are dripping with condensation.  He just called someone to come "repair" it.  I hope I get to be here when the guy looks at him and says turn the ac up.  It's too cold!  

Honored Contributor

I've lived in Texas for a long long time....you'd think I'd be used to the heat/humidity by now, but NOT ME!!!!  I cant stand SUMMER!!!!  The heat and humidity really zaps me of my energy..🌞🥵..I feel like a vampire only coming out in the wee early morning or at dusk 🦇  But its only 4 months out of the year, so I can handle it....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”