Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Want to Fly Anymore

[ Edited ]

I just ran across an update via Associated Press ( Yahoo, I think.)  Anyway, it's something about the perpetrator being anti-social, etc.  Interesting article.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

yes anti social crazies

Esteemed Contributor

"The student who stabbed four people on the campus of UC Merced was identified Thursday as 18-year-old Faisal Mohammad from Santa Clara, Calif., the university confirms to Fox News.

"He had a smile on his face, he was having fun," a construction worker who helped stop the attack told CBS 47.

Campus police shot and killed Mohammad, a freshman computer science & engineering major, after Wednesday's attack. Police detonated his backpack and are testing a substance inside, KGO reports.

The four victims are expected to survive.

Authorities are investigating a motive...."

Video with the rest of the story...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/05/construction-worker-stops-knife-attack-on-california-school-cam...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

Interesting comments here, my DH, a former AF pilot, says more people are killed every day on the roads than in airplane accidents!!!

You're absolutely right but your chances of surviving a car crash are better than surviving a plane crash.  I can't count the number of times I have flown and have had a couple of scary flights.  I am and always have been a white knuckle flier.  I hate being confined in a small space 35,000 feet above the ground.  I envy those who have no fear of flying.

my father was a traveler who flew a number of times a year all over the world from the time he was 26 years old.....never had any problems.....

11 years ago he was a mile away from home in his car, headed out on a friday evening, and he was killed by a drunk driver.

How sad.  I am so sorry for your loss. 

I lost two cousins (they were brothers) in a auto crash.  They were hit head on by an elderly man who came around a bend on the wrong side of the road.  They were about 5 miles from home when it happened.  Devastating.  We never know who is behind the wheel or flying the plane. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

What is to stop an ISIS sympathizer from planting a bomb on board one of our planes?

It doesn't have to come through the check point in order to get on the plane.

And what's to stop someone from texting in their car, crossing the centerline and plowing into you head on? 

Nothing of course, but a person does have more control in a car.  When I see someone texting or not paying attention in their car (even talking intently on the phone) I avoid them like the plague.  I am a very defensive drivers.  Of course some accidents are not preventable, but some are.   I have no control in a plane - no control over the quality of the pilots, whether they drank the night before, ANYthing. 

I'f I'm in bad weather I can pull off the road and wait it out, and have done so many times.   I'm 100% at someone else's mercy in an airplane.  This is one of the many reasons I don't like to fly.   

Honored Contributor

I enjoy travelling by plane.  I am not one who loves to drive long distances.  Too tiring.  I wanna get to where I am going w/o wasting time "on the road."

Since 9/11, I now fly 1st class & enjoy my "free" cups/glasses of champagn.  If I am gonna go, at least I will be going in comfort plus I won't give a ____ (fill in the blank).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

And now of course we're blabbing outloud that we intercepted ISIS chatter about the bomb. 

Wouldn't it have been better to keep our lips buttoned up so they don't know we can hear what they're chatting about? 

ISIS is probably glad for that heads up.  SMH.

Valued Contributor

All I know is, I have my second chance to go to Europe, and I am going! Flying is my only choice! I am not giving up Italy for anybody or anything! So, Pluck you, Isis! I refuse to live in fear.

Respected Contributor

@Sawn wrote:

All I know is, I have my second chance to go to Europe, and I am going! Flying is my only choice! I am not giving up Italy for anybody or anything! So, Pluck you, Isis! I refuse to live in fear.

You go, girl !!! You should go, enjoy yourself , eat all the delish things and learn all the beautiful things Europe has to offer!!!!

Let the Pluckers be afraid ! 

I just came back from Italy.... for the fourth time....Cannot wait to go again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not crazy about flying anymore but ISIS or fear of flying has nothing to do with it. It has simply become more of a pain in the neck.

Flying is still the safest way of any travel. There is no mode of travel that is more scrutinized, investigated and monitored as commercial aviation.

Certainly ISIS would have no thought in any of my decisions in flying. I don't make decisions based on fear of what COULD happen. That isn't very healthy.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK