Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Want to Fly Anymore

I can't 'stop' flying nor will I give 'them' what they want......

Honored Contributor

I much prefer a driving vacation. Flying is "for the birds."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Try to focus on how minutely remote the chance is that your plane will be blown up by anyone.   The odds are tiny.  You are more likely to get hit by a car or die from a heart attack or get it by lightening or choke to death or die by a multitude of other things.

Respected Contributor

I hate flying.  Always have.  But if I didn't fly, I wouldn't have seen Hawaii, the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, etc., and I wouldn't have helped with my newborn twin nephews in Denver, gone to Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nevada and Arizona.  

So, I fly.  Not often, but I do fly because I want to see all the states of this beautiful country.

Honored Contributor

Just because some of us don't like to fly doesn't mean we are "giving in" to terrorists.  Many people on this thread have stated they disliked flying even before 9/11.  I am one of those people.   I feel as if some on this thread have taken the tone of being accusatory;  that those who don't like to fly are "weak" in some way.

I don't like to fly and there are many reasons why I don't, not any single reason.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

my enjoyment of flying depends entirely on the airline.  some are much better than others.

nothing is going to stop me from traveling if i want to go somewhere either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can totally understand people not wanting to fly for many reasons.  I don't mind it now, but sometimes I get to thinkin' when I am up there, and oh boy ....

It is true the chances of an accident or bombing are slim.  Driving is more dangerous.  There are thousands upon thousands of car accidents everyday. 

I love to take a long car trip, and I like to fly.  But I have to say flying is such a hassle today.  Take our trips to SoCal.  Takes up 6 hours to get there if we drive with 2 short stops.  Takes us 1 hour to fly...HOWEVER it takes us 45 minutes to drive to airport, at least 1.5 hours doing luggage, waiting for plane and boarding.  Another 45 minute to get luggage , go to car rental and wait to get car.  Then another 45 minutes to drive in LA traffic to destination.  LOL!  That's about 5 hours right there, hahahaha.

Esteemed Contributor

Leaving for Florida in a few weeks to visit my daughter.  I prefer flying, only 2 1/2 hours.  It is much easier and safer than driving down I-95 with all those crazy people on the road and with my hubby driving speed limit we are the target for everyone dodging, weaving and being downright outright nasty behind the wheel.  

My hunch is that someone working at the airport put something on the plane.  KInd of IN PLAIN SIGHT PERSON that could move about without attracting attention. Just a guess of course. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

Leaving for Florida in a few weeks to visit my daughter.  I prefer flying, only 2 1/2 hours.  It is much easier and safer than driving down I-95 with all those crazy people on the road and with my hubby driving speed limit we are the target for everyone dodging, weaving and being downright outright nasty behind the wheel.  

My hunch is that someone working at the airport put something on the plane.  KInd of IN PLAIN SIGHT PERSON that could move about without attracting attention. Just a guess of course. 

They really need to do something with I-95. It's not built to handle the amount of traffic coming into Florida and the accidents are getting more frequent and horrific. Used to be unusual, but now you see semi's running over cars, multiple cars involved, and it all going up in flames much too often. It's getting pretty scary. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The lastest news from CNN is that it just might have been ISIS, or a sympathizer who planted a bomb on the Russian plane that blew up on Saturday, killing all 224 people on board.

Too many lone wolves out there for the government to keep tack of.

What's to prevent it from happening here

Not much other than our intel agencies.  As they grow bigger and more bold? At some point I see, fight them there or fight them there.

JMO, of course!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)