Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I Don't Want An Electric Car, Do You?

I don't want to plug in a car and wait around for it to charge. What happens when there's a power outage? Sometimes the outage can last for days in the NE. What if there's an accident ahead leaving you stuck in traffic for hours while it's cleared. If you run out of gas, AAA or other service can bring you gas, but even if they have a portable charger, it's going to take longer than just pouring gas in the tank, delaying them getting to the next person and the ones after that. Then there's the question of power, I want my car to turbo charged like the one I have.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Want An Electric Car, Do You?

I agree and would be banned for life if I wrote how I really feel about this issue.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't want to plug in a car and wait around for it to charge. What happens when there's a power outage? Sometimes the outage can last for days in the NE. What if there's an accident ahead leaving you stuck in traffic for hours while it's cleared. If you run out of gas, AAA or other service can bring you gas, but even if they have a portable charger, it's going to take longer than just pouring gas in the tank, delaying them getting to the next person and the ones after that. Then there's the question of power, I want my car to turbo charged like the one I have.

@occasionalrain 

Have you ever thought about crossing the country with a young baby and that thing runs out of juice and the baby is hot (or cold) whatever the case may be and it is 40 more miles to a charging station.  Just sayin'

Trusted Contributor

I do not want one either!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Generac company could be looking at a wonderful future. Power goes out, Generac to the rescue.

Respected Contributor

I also don't want an electric car but I live in California and by 2035 I won't be able to purchase a gas powered car. I have thirteen years to figure out a solution to this problem
Trusted Contributor

No thank you.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Or a pet. Even if you are just a half mile from a charging station, you need towed there to use it. I'm not anti reducing fossil fuel, my house is all electric but I don't need to charge it.

Honored Contributor

Why don't they make electric cars with self-charging batteries where they get recharged by the the wheels going round and round while you drive down the road??

Honored Contributor

Not as it is, no.