Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Understand Something

@jubilant wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Noel, this has nothing to do with not trying???  I don't understand where you are coming from????  They were murdered!

I wasn't talking about THEM.

I specifically referenced your comment saying basically that when it's our time to go, that's it.

THAT is old-time Calvinism.

Well pray tell...what could they have done about it?????

Like others said, it was a 50/50 shot. 

If they lied or just sat there, I do not think God would have condemned them, but then, the God I believe in is a loving God.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Takeout delivered.

Dinner.

It's been a long and painful day...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

"Loving God?"     

Does not seem like it....does it?

Where is the protection?

Trusted Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

But it does seem like all the Christians are talking as if all of them are innocent in every way.   We do not know that maybe lots of Christians taunted him and said mean things to him that set him off.  

Some thing happened to him.... that brings in the religion of the Christians to do this.   

Those are not excuses; they may be reasons, but they are NEVER excuses.  

I am saying that all the Christians talk as if they all are innocent in every way.   Maybe the Christians did something to him that set him off?      

I am only tossing ideas out to think about actions of everyone.

What? Now that is a broad statement.  See how wars get started?

I certainly would not blame the victims against a crazy man, who does not live in reality.   If he had enough time and ammo ... they would probably all be dead.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Noel, this has nothing to do with not trying???  I don't understand where you are coming from????  They were murdered!

I specifically referenced your comment saying basically that when it's our time to go, that's it.

Well, if the NY Post story is accurate, they could have said nothing (after it became clear what was happening).  http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

"Loving God?"     

Does not seem like it....does it?

Where is the protection?

Why keep bringing this up?  You've lived long enough to be aware that this is not how it works.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

Like others said, it was a 50/50 shot. 

If they lied or just sat there, I do not think God would have condemned them, but then, the God I believe in is a loving God.

...................Have you read any of my other posts?  Please go back and read!

Respected Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

But it does seem like all the Christians are talking as if all of them are innocent in every way.   We do not know that maybe lots of Christians taunted him and said mean things to him that set him off.  

Some thing happened to him.... that brings in the religion of the Christians to do this.   

I am saying that all the Christians talk as if they all are innocent in every way.   Maybe the Christians did something to him that set him off?      

What? Now that is a broad statement.  See how wars get started?

I certainly would not blame the victims against a crazy man, who does not live in reality.   If he had enough time and ammo ... they would probably all be dead.

.................................................................................

Wars you say?    Well it does seem like it is their favorite action for thousands of years.

What if someone spit in your face, and you slapped their face.    Who did the greatest harm?   

Like I said we can not say all Christians are innocent in this.   All the blame maybe is not all his.   Sure he ended something so it seems.    Have to look at all angles.   

Super Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

No, sorry.  You are veering into "blaming the victim."  That doesn't fly.

..................................................................................

Maybe I am not blaming the victim.    

I am asking what could have set him off.    Seems to me that maybe one or more Christians could be at blame in this.     

What??  The ONLY person to blame here is the shooter.  You are way off base. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Oostende wrote:

I don't know, Moonchilde.  I think you're thinking about this all wrong.  Being martyred isn't like winning the lottery.  I haven't seen anyone on this thread desire it.

It's more like being killed for who you are.  For instance, I am American.  If someone kills me for that, it is not my fault, not my wish, just the excuse used to murder me.  I'm also Native American.  Again, if someone kills me for that, it is not my fault, nor my wish to die.   I will just die for being who I am.  I hope that makes sense. 

but if lying will save your life, why wouldn't you do that instead?

I think when faced with a madman you have no idea what would or wouldn't save your life.  We can look back now because we know what happened, but in the heat of the moment they had no idea if he would turn on Christians one minute and spare them the next, or vice versa, or anything else.  He just as easily could have loved Christians, hated Christians, or didn't really care at all but just had a specific number in his head.  He could have liked Christian males, but not Christian females.   The victims had no way of knowing.  There is nothing rational in the thinking of murderers like this, so trying to outguess him was a gamble no matter what they said or did.

I also think that in times of fear people tend to be honest because - as Oostende said - we are who we are.

And plenty of people feel so strongly about their religion that yes, they would prefer to die rather than deny it.  So there's that too.