Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Like USPS Leaving More After Mail Delivered

@Susan Louise wrote:

I guess I don't see it as something to complain about...

You got your package and the USPS is doing their best to make sure folks get their mail ASAP underneath all the circumstances.

Our USPS driver will occasionally deliver twice in a day...sometimes it's 2 different drivers/trucks. It doesn't bother us one bit.

@Susan Louise It's the fact that I believe the mail carrier has already been there, so won't look in the box again until Monday--and don't like mail staying in the box for thieves. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

You got your package and the USPS is doing their best to make sure folks get their mail ASAP underneath all the circumstances.

Our USPS driver will occasionally deliver twice in a day...sometimes it's 2 different drivers/trucks. It doesn't bother us one bit.

@Susan Louise It's the fact that I believe the mail carrier has already been there, so won't look in the box again until Monday--and don't like mail staying in the box for thieves. 

@Sooner  you didn´t have to explain. I knew what you meant. Glad you had Informed Delivery. It really comes in handy.

Honored Contributor

We have multiple deliveries where I am.  I had ordered a DVD and I didn't want it sitting in the hot mailbox all day.  It was finally delivered at 3pm on Tuesday.

We get regular mail in the morning, packages in the afternoon and then Amazon packages delivered by the post office in the evening.

I just got my Amazon packaget from the post office at 7 pm tonight.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Often get packages delivered separately from regular mail delivery.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise. I completely agree. My own excellent mail carrier has been overloaded since last fall so a separate truck sometimes delivers packages for him. Also he told me the truck may deliver packages later in the day from when he comes to my house on his route because the packages arrived at my local P.O. after he left early morning  on his route.  Kudos to the P.O.  I'm certainly not complaining about them making the extra effort to get my packages to me as soon as possible.  Esp since so many complain about how long the packages sit at the distribution centers or the local P.O.s

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise. I completely agree. My own excellent mail carrier has been overloaded since last fall so a separate truck sometimes delivers packages for him. Also he told me the truck may deliver packages later in the day from when he comes to my house on his route because the packages arrived at my local P.O. after he left early morning  on his route.  Kudos to the P.O.  I'm certainly not complaining about them making the extra effort to get my packages to me as soon as possible.  Esp since so many complain about how long the packages sit at the distribution centers or the local P.O.s

@Pearlee   Absolutely.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sooner. So now you know to check the box again later.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, why aren't you signing up for text and or email notifiction for updates for each package? Every single time a package is scanned you'll get an update text or email.

Honored Contributor

@lopsie2 wrote:

OP, why aren't you signing up for text and or email notifiction for updates for each package? Every single time a package is scanned you'll get an update text or email.

@lopsie2 I do have that.  However, it doesn't work very well.  Packages that have been delivered are still on the list.  Packages that have not be delivered I get delivered notices for.  Same with FedEx and UPS.

It seems all shipping systems and their e-mail systems are broke and nobody knows where anything is.  And it is a bad idea to deliver piecemeal during the day, as people are reporting so many porch pirates.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@lopsie2 wrote:

@lopsie2 I do have that.  However, it doesn't work very well.  Packages that have been delivered are still on the list.  

What 'list' are you talking about? You simply to to USPS.com, put in your tracking number. When the page comes up with tracking info you click on "text and email updates" then put in your information. If your package says its been delivered but it's not in your box or at your door you need to call your local post office ASAP.