Respected Contributor

Re: I Dislike The Newer Cars.

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Thought I would share this with you and others.  DH got a 2020 Volvo a couple months back which I have been avoiding driving because it is so technical.

So he tells me to start reading the owners manual.  The only printed manual provided is a quick start guid plus a supplemental to the manual which only provides info about fuses, fuel levels and the gps system.

The actual owners manual with all the specifics about the vehicle is only available on a downloadable app, on line, or on the i-pad like computer screen in the vehicle.  The owners manual is 650 pages.

I sorry I just don't learn well that way.  A printed owners manual is available from their book store.  Since when do car companies have book stores? 

So I order a copy of an owners manual.  It cost me (with shipping and tax) over $39.00!  OK, I try to be environmentally conscious as I can.  I understand not routinely including this novel with the vehicle.  But I get seriously annoyed after paying over $50,000 for a vehicle they don't provide an owners manual at no charge upon request.