Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Oh please. @reiki604 forgot to add the word "some" to her statement. So y'all jumped all over it. You knew what she meant.

LOL! Thank you for understanding what I was saying and why. I really don't care if those who jumped on my opinion liked what I said or not. They have time and again proven to be pot stirrers and therefore irrelevent in my opinion. Let them stick to their celebrity tabloids and criticisms of others for pleasure. If that's what they find fulfilling, more's the pity.

@reiki604, exactly. I think it would be exhausting to be a right-fighter all the time. Jeez, save it for the important stuff.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

So I'm guessing that what I am to conclude from this thread is that a great way to "raise awareness" is by being crude? I highly disagree.

There are many other ways to bring attention to a subject. Which, by the way, there is, every day, plenty of attention directed to this topic. At this point, it's not a matter of "raising awareness"- I think we're all aware by now. It's a matter of these myriad fund raising "charities" to put the money to good use and find a cure.

And we don't have to resort to twelve-year-old boy humor to do it.

Respected Contributor

I'm much more offended by breast cancer than anything that brings attention to it. My sister had it. I'd bet she would say the exact same thing.

Respected Contributor

To me the ad sexualizes a young female.  Maybe others don't interpret it that way.

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

To me the ad sexualizes a young female.  Maybe others don't interpret it that way.

@KarenQVC 

That is what bothered me, plus the word "b00bs".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Re: I Didn't Care For This

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

To me the adsexualizess a young female.  Maybe others don't interpret it that way.

I agree.  It's just ridiculous and those billboards especially that size are expensive.  The money could have been better used for the betterment of the community.  Plus speaking intelligently always works better than assuming that the message has to be dumbed down to be understood.