Honored Contributor

Re: I Did It & I'm Positively Over the Moon!

You should be proud! 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Well I am going to happy dance for you...congratulations.I have one tip and that is exercise to keep the metabolism running.I go The the gym for an hour in the morning,Pilates 3 times and circuit two times a week.We walk after dinner for three miles to feed a stray cat.This keeps our weight in check and we also follow a low cholesterol eating plan.

i am excited for you to now be able to wear your favourite pants.I hope that you receive many compliments while wearing them and go ahead and do a crazy happy dance..it burns calories and makes you laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations!!!!  I lost about 30 pounds last year and then backslid.  I only gained back about 5 pounds but am now working on taking that off and more!

I had to laugh at your Wise Potato Chip and Cheese Doodle comment as I, too, am a chipaholic.  My weakness is salt & vinegar chips and Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Congrats!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, Congratulations to you!  You are such an inspiration to someone like me who is dragging along with some extra pounds.

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  So proud of your weight loss! Works to eat well, doesn't it? So glad you didn't waste time and money on fad diets. You are healthier and the weight will stay off. CONGRATULATIONS!! Difficult, of course. But you'll be in those two pieces of cotton clothes in time for spring. Stay lean, healthy and rock those Size 10's!!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Contributor

Congratulations @Its Me LuLuBelle2!🎉🎉🎉

Trusted Contributor

You are a superstar!!!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I find that exercise is key.DH & I walk 20-30 minutes a day.It keeps your metabolism revved.

What foods are you focusing on thats helping you loose the weight? Do you have a go to healthy snack to help you stay off hunger pangs? I rely on baby carrots.They are crunchy & a bit sweet & satisfy my urge to snack.I also drink a lot of water.

@NicksmomESQ, I have started drinking a ton of water.  It helps keep me feeling "full" and is certainly good for our skin. Breakfast consists of black coffee, usually a piece of pumpernickel bread with tomato and cheese (a favorite food)  under the broiler.  Yum.  Lunch is a salad with a light dressing or tuna in water with a hard boiled egg in low fat mayo - no bread.  Dinner is whatever I'm making (I make beef for DH, but rarely eat it myself). About once a month I love a blue cheese burger (90% lean) on a hamburger bun  - about the only beef I like.  I love pork and chicken breasts and try to eat salmon twice a week.  My big "thing" that I look forward to is one square of 72% dark chocolate after dinner.  It's enough to satisfy my "sweet" craving and I feel like it's a big "cheat," but actually it's not.  I also will have a glass of red wine and again, don't feel I'm being deprived.  For me that's the big secret, eating well, but those couple of little things we love (but no Wise chips, no Cheese Doodles!) keep me on the straight and narrow.  LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, I (or rather my husband) agrees with this. After some health scares and a much-needed attitude change, he's lost a significant amount of weight. In the beginning, I would give him one square of TJ's 72 percent Belgium dark chocolate that comes in huge bars.

It satisfied him. Not only that, but as opposed to candy with all sorts of stuff in it, this chocolate has some health benefits as well.

I can hear the joy in your posts here, LuLuBelle2. You should be very proud of yourself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

So happy for you, @Its Me LuLuBelle2! Congratulations on the weight loss- and during the holidays, too! 🤗😎