Honored Contributor

Re: I Did It & I'm Positively Over the Moon!

Excellent.  Congratulations. 

Trusted Contributor

Keep posting with updates !!! At 65  you have every reason to be proud....!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 Congrats! Think positively and you'll get there soon enough.

Keep thinking about all the pretty outfits you can wear in the spring too.

My dog keeps me moving every morning whether or not I want to go.

I walk her and feel so much better about myself too.

Trusted Contributor

remember 65 is the new ....40...Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

remember 65 is the new ....40...Smiley Wink

@dogsx3, LOL!!! I tried selling that to my husband - he's not falling for it!  But that's okay - he's not the "new 40" either!  As long as we can hang on to our sense of humor it's all good!  Best, LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I find that exercise is key.DH & I walk 20-30 minutes a day.It keeps your metabolism revved.

What foods are you focusing on thats helping you loose the weight? Do you have a go to healthy snack to help you stay off hunger pangs? I rely on baby carrots.They are crunchy & a bit sweet & satisfy my urge to snack.I also drink a lot of water.

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Congrats.    More so, Thank You!  Our age and story are basically similar.

If someone had told me at age 40 and 115 lbs that I would weigh what I do now I would have laughed in their face.  I refuse to get weighed at the doctor's office anymore.  When I recently had to go up a size in my jeans, I said enough.  I have dieted on and off with success my entire life. But now at my age and with fibromyalgia I knew it is going to be so much more difficult to shed the pounds.   Your story has given me inspiration that I can do it.

Honored Contributor

Image result for funny  congratulations for those who have lost weight

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I find that exercise is key.DH & I walk 20-30 minutes a day.It keeps your metabolism revved.

What foods are you focusing on thats helping you loose the weight? Do you have a go to healthy snack to help you stay off hunger pangs? I rely on baby carrots.They are crunchy & a bit sweet & satisfy my urge to snack.I also drink a lot of water.

@NicksmomESQ, I have started drinking a ton of water.  It helps keep me feeling "full" and is certainly good for our skin. Breakfast consists of black coffee, usually a piece of pumpernickel bread with tomato and cheese (a favorite food)  under the broiler.  Yum.  Lunch is a salad with a light dressing or tuna in water with a hard boiled egg in low fat mayo - no bread.  Dinner is whatever I'm making (I make beef for DH, but rarely eat it myself). About once a month I love a blue cheese burger (90% lean) on a hamburger bun  - about the only beef I like.  I love pork and chicken breasts and try to eat salmon twice a week.  My big "thing" that I look forward to is one square of 72% dark chocolate after dinner.  It's enough to satisfy my "sweet" craving and I feel like it's a big "cheat," but actually it's not.  I also will have a glass of red wine and again, don't feel I'm being deprived.  For me that's the big secret, eating well, but those couple of little things we love (but no Wise chips, no Cheese Doodles!) keep me on the straight and narrow.  LuLu

Valued Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Congrats.    More so, Thank You!  Our age and story are basically similar.

If someone had told me at age 40 and 115 lbs that I would weigh what I do now I would have laughed in their face.  I refuse to get weighed at the doctor's office anymore.  When I recently had to go up a size in my jeans, I said enough.  I have dieted on and off with success my entire life. But now at my age and with fibromyalgia I knew it is going to be so much more difficult to shed the pounds.   Your story has given me inspiration that I can do it.

@Allegheny, you can do it!  Slow, but steady is the key.  I'm rooting for you!  Don't look at it as x amount of pounds, but 1 pound at a time!  That's the key and what will keep you motivated!  I'm rooting for you every pound you shed!  Hang in there girl.  YOU WILL GET IT DONE!!!  LuLu