Valued Contributor

I Did It & I'm Positively Over the Moon!

I've mentioned in the past I had a pretty substantial weight gain in a short period of time.  In November of 2017 I went for my yearly physical and almost cried when I got on the scale.  I knew I had gained weight, but was shocked at exactly how much it was!

My doctor asked if I ate breakfast?  "No, never," was my reply.  He said you have to get the engine going, eat breakfast, light lunch, what you want for dinner and no eating after 7:00 p.m.  Turns out Wise potato chips and Cheese Doodles were NOT in his recommended plan.  Yes, I'm a big kid, and I love junk food.

Anyway, now retired, I donated all of my work clothes to a battered women's shelter, sent a ton of more casual things to my kid sister as I never thought I'd fit into them again.  But I did hang on to two of my favorite pair of pants.  A pair of denim 100% cotton carpenter jeans, size 10, no stretch or give at all in them that are about 20 years old and a pair of size 10 Michael Kors 100% cotton super light weight, khaki cargo pants that roll up to capris.  I got those on sale at TJ Maxx about 8 years ago, and they are the best!  They were both my incentive.  Two years ago I could barely get them on and no hope of the button meeting the button hole, let alone zipping them up.

I got on the scale this morning (I only do it weekly) and had lost 21 pounds.  I said, "okay, now or never - try the pants on."  They fit!  Yeah - they buttoned and zipped.  Both are snug, but that's okay - they fit!  I have 9 pounds to go and so look forward to wearing my two favorite pants in the not to distant future.

To those of you who have lost a whole lot more than I have, I say hats off and congrats to you!  It sure is not easy, but you must be very proud of yourselve's for getting it done. I know I'm pleased as punch and have learned to look at food in a whole new way.  (But yes, I still miss chips and Cheese Doodles, (but decided I missed my two favorite pair of pants more)!  LuLu

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Did It & I'm Positively Over the Moon!

I applaud you, congrats. 🎈 It's not th easiest thing to do but you set your mind to it and did it. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

You have reached a real milestone, congratulations!

Your determination, hard work, and bravery have been rewarded.

🌹🌼💐🎈🎏🎊🔔

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Wow ! You are amazing 😃......that is a hard thing to accomplish especially for we women as we get on in years.

Congratulations ! @Its Me LuLuBelle2

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations !   That's great !

I recommend a Fitbit - It's a wonderful motivator. I recently upgraded to a Fitbit Charge 3.

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, I am excited for you.  Congratulations!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Congrats 🎈 That’s wonderful.And you did it by eating reasonably. No fad diets. Good for you!!

Honored Contributor

You did good.  Now the real challenge...keeping it off!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

yay....it's so hard. Good job.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe, @Azcowgirl, @LoveMyBaby,@dogsx3@Kachina624@NicksmomESQ,@sxmgirl @Daisy Sunflower, @GCR18 Thank you gals for your support, encouragement and lovely words!  In addition to my dietary changes, I've started exercising.  I walk or ride my bike 1-2 miles daily.  At 65 I feel better overall than I have in a long time!  It's a journey, for sure.  LuLu