Respected Contributor

Re: I Did It, I Tossed All My Make-up!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

YAY YOU!!!!!

And now it's time to relax with those kiddencats, use SPF when you go out and drink a lot of hydrating beverages - which always make the skin look nice.

A smile goes a long way to BEAUTIFY a face; regardless of age!

Smile and relax - you probably feel boatloads lighter having done this and I congratulate you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not for me since I have rosacea I will be applying foundation forever...and told the husband he must put it on me if something like an emergency happens LOL!!  

People with normal skin (healthy) can go w/o foundation....I wish I could do that but barring a miracle happens I will be wearing mine until the day I go on to Heaven.

If you don't really need it like I do and you look better without it then it does make sense to toss it out.  I would suggest a spf moisturizer for sure...we all need that when going out.

Honored Contributor

It is very freeing. I used to wear makeup everyday but anymore maybe twice a week. 

Respected Contributor

It's nice to downsize!

I still love playing with makeup lol. When we were teens, we'd meet at the Woolworth makeup counter and check out the blush, lipstick, nail polish, etc.

I'm a fan of eye makeup, so I wear that--along with lipstick, but never foundation or blush. Or any kind of powder.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Not for me. I'd scare the birds out of the trees with my dark undereye shadows and less then perfect skin.  Not just make up we have to deal with.

Stray hairs here and there, brows, sparse lashes, etc.

Please don't put yourself down, even in jest.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

The days of putting make-up on and being pleased with how I looked are gone.  The last 5 years of stress and worry have taken a toll and all the make-up in the world won't help. I have aged more in the last 5 years than I did in the previous 65 yrs. put together.

This morning I chucked it all, except for 3 lip sticks. So it will be moisturizer and lip stick from here on out. I shudder to think how much money I just threw out.

DD asked me recently if I was going to ever wear "all this make-up that's just been sitting in the bathroom cabinet."

Surprisingly, with the exception of a lot of wasted money, it doesn't bother me. I never thought I would or could go without it.

I just want you to know that   i  also have just aged so much ,sense my husband died in 2013,  i had no wrinkles, none boy do i ever have them now,i hate it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I love makeup - always have, always will. Usually buy something new every week (this includes hair and nail products and services as well).  

Almost everything I use is enhanced with nourishments which is helpful and always cruelty free.

When you look good you feel good...

Honored Contributor

I follow a couple gals on YouTube who review makeup, etc.

The trend is to do these Project Pan challenges.

They buy a big palettes & try & 'reach pan' in a month-so.

I think to myself,

I've been trying to 'reach pan' on makeup I wore 10 yrs ago!

😮

And the thing is...all these young gals have beautiful skin just being

covered with mountains of makeup.  I was the same way in my 20s.

THAT should be the time to go without makeup! 
And yes, I shudder at the thought of the $$$ I spent throughout the yrs. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  You are so wise, there's no reason to hang on to it if it isn't making you feel good. 

For me at nearly 74 y/o, I still enjoy using makeup to improve what I can when I go away from the house.  I know nobody else cares.  One day I'll stop, too.  I felt that way about coloring my hair at 70 and finally quit at 71.  Sometimes it's a gradual process. 

Living well is most important, let's do that!

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Not me, I still love makeup and will wear it forever! It makes me feel good too...

Me too!  I like wearing makeup & it makes me feel good!  I also like getting new items to try out.