Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Can't Get This Little Girl Out.............

I saw that story, and it is heartbreaking. 

Esteemed Contributor

Breaks your heart.  Little ones should not be sick.

Respected Contributor

I read it and cried as though she was mine, it's a gut wrenchingly sad story.

Respected Contributor

I had a brother who was born with a heart defect.  Many doctors evaluated my brother, but all said there really was no cure for him and he'd likely never leave the hospital. They did bring him home and he actually lived until almost 2 1/2, which Mom and Dad believed was their own small miracle. Even through the sleepless nights, the times the dr had to be called at 2am, the pneumonia battles and oxygen tents, they remained thankful for the time they had with him.

About 10 years ago my dad told me that my brother's devastating diagnosis helped focus my parents on what was truly important in life. It cemented their bond.  They had to support each other to get through this horrible situation.  There was no one else who could do it for them, it came down to them and their love and commitment to each other.

My parents were married for 68 years. Even when Mom got dementia and slipped away mentally, Dad stayed by her side until the end.  I just mention this because sometimes something truly positive can come out of a very sad situation. I know my dad believed this fully.

I'll remember this precious little girl and her family in my prayers tonight.

Honored Contributor

I pray for the family as they grieve the loss of this precious baby. I think of her in the arms of Jesus... never ever to suffer again.

Respected Contributor

All the pictures I've seen of this sweet little baby girl she was always smiling 😢

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

of my mind. Awhile ago I read about Francesca Kaczynski, nicknamed Bean. She was born in March of 2020 and diagnosed with a rare and aggresive brain tumor at 6 months old. Her Dad is an investigative reporter for CNN.

She passed away Christmas Eve from complications from chemotherapy, I believe.

I can't get that little girl out of my mind. There have been so many horror stories of death and illness in this wretched year and reading about her death on Christmas Day just.............I don't know a word to use.

You can read a tribute to her on CNN or just Google her.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  - such a heartbreaking story, who would not not be touched by it.  Those poor parents

I did Google it and just wanted you to know all the articles (including NY Post) said she died from complications due to cancer, not chemo.

It's very rare to have anyone die of the chemo itself.I know beacause as a cancer survivor this almost accidently happened to me.  Plus I don't want anyone to be frightened of getting chemo if they need it, it saved my life.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness   Thank you for the info.

Honored Contributor

Never having had kids I can't even imagine the dreadful pain of losing a child, especially so very young.  My heart goes out to these folks and I hope that their loving memories are able to give them peace at some point.  :'(

Frequent Contributor

Oh my God, me too!  I cried when I read she was sick and passed.  Such a sweet angel! 😢

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

of my mind. Awhile ago I read about Francesca Kaczynski, nicknamed Bean. She was born in March of 2020 and diagnosed with a rare and aggresive brain tumor at 6 months old. Her Dad is an investigative reporter for CNN.

She passed away Christmas Eve from complications from chemotherapy, I believe.

I can't get that little girl out of my mind. There have been so many horror stories of death and illness in this wretched year and reading about her death on Christmas Day just.............I don't know a word to use.

You can read a tribute to her on CNN or just Google her.