Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Bring Myself To Go In That Store

the walmart where I live is pretty good but I guess it depends on where you live

Esteemed Contributor

I live in an area that had been considered totally safe for years.  The population has grown and there have been some problems.  Therefore when I go anywhere I am vigilant.  We are easily accessible from just about everywhere and I see that as easy in and out and a perfect escape route. Major highways circle us so we are less than an hour from Baltimore, from DC, and only minutes from WV, from VA and PA.  

Valued Contributor

No I wouldn't go in a store that had a violent history. I think that was the point of the OP, not the "name" of the store itself.

There was a bar/restaurant I used to go to many years ago that had really good food specials. It was ALWAYS packed! I know posters would be horrified if I posted the specific details, but it involved a death. I couldn't bring myself to go back there after it happened, even if they offered free food. Not long after it changed hands to a different owner, and new name, but I don't think it ever truly recovered in business. It eventually permanently closed. Sometimes tragedies really affect people & businesses.