Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Believe What My HOA Just Did

So they want everyone running out to the store to buy mulch? I understand there are rules but the timing is poor.

Trusted Contributor

Agree that your HOA timing is very poor.  However, during normal times, a notice like this sometimes is necessary to keep neighborhood looking nice.  There are always residents who neglect their properties and lower home values.  Of course this is not the appropriate time for any HOA to go ballistic.  My present HOA is very over-controlling, but I've lived in neighborhoods with excellent HOAs.  

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Be very careful an Hoa can put your house in foreclosure!!  it doesn't matter if your property taxes are current or your payments.   An HOA is that powerful.  Their attorneys will give you a letter 2 weeks prior letting you know when your home will be auctioned off at the courthouse steps.  

I guess anything is possible however I'm finding this really hard to believe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's because of stupid "shtuff" like this, where the HOA thinks that they are the Gestapo, that I'll never join a HOA.

If I want my grass to be one inch tall, instead of 1/2 inch tall, it will be!

It's not like they are going to crawl on their bellies and measure every single blade of grass.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Be very careful an Hoa can put your house in foreclosure!!  it doesn't matter if your property taxes are current or your payments.   An HOA is that powerful.  Their attorneys will give you a letter 2 weeks prior letting you know when your home will be auctioned off at the courthouse steps.  

@CelticCrafter 

yes, I know personally because it happened to me!!!!    Just recently.   I just paid 12,000 dollars in fines to keep our house out of foreclosure and an auction was scheduled at the steps of the county courthouse because my spouse never repaired a garage door that had a small dent in it.   

''all this happened a month ago!!   All this was brought on by the HOA. THEY DO HAVE AUTHORITY TO DO THAT.   

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

yes, I know personally because it happened to me!!!!    Just recently.   I just paid 12,000 dollars in fines to keep our house out of foreclosure and an auction was scheduled at the steps of the county courthouse because my spouse never repaired a garage door that had a small dent in it.   

''all this happened a month ago!!   All this was brought on by the HOA. THEY DO HAVE AUTHORITY TO DO THAT.   

OMG!!