Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Believe This February Weather.

@Sunny515 wrote:

I live in Somerset County, PA.  I will take this kind of winter anytime.  I change tires each winter and I'm rethinking that...haven't needed the winter tires.  I'm retired so I don't have to go out if the weather is bad and I try to schedule doctor appointments, etc, to avoid the winter months.

Your post brought back memories.  I lived in Somerset, PA for 10 years during the 70's.  I remember how snowy so many of those winter days used to be.  

Now I'm on the west coast and at times I miss the snow, especially at Christmas time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

59 degrees on Sunday. Chances of snow tomorrow. February in the Central Midwest.... you seldom surprise me. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

We also have ourselves a wonderful warm winter in NJ! I do not miss snow, cold and ice at all. Love it! Life is beautiful when it is warm and sunny, no winter depression, no high heating bills. May it repeats itself next year!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes in PA here it was 58 today and the entire weekend was nice that DH and I went to the park. We had 2 light dustings of snow all Winter, and that was in the beginning of Winter.. Snow lovers here are upset. Im not, lol. I love Summer the best! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Here in SE PA, I'm appreciating lower-than-normal heating bills.  And the condo association hasn't yet needed to plow or shovel, so maybe we'll have a budget surplus for once instead of a special assessment.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

To me this weather is very scary.  I keep thinking about the nightmare of a summer Australia just had with extreme temps and their fires.  How happy they must be to see autumn come.  Could that be happening here?  Polar ice is melting at an alarming rate, polar bears in danger of extinction, no snow this winter in many European resorts, coral reefs world-wide dying and predicted to be soon gone.  Who is doing anything about it?  It will soon be a different world.

No, the ice isn't disappearing, the polar bears are breeding like maniacs...and we're on a different orbit around the sun this year.  Over 20 studies say any warming is due to the sun, the very thing no one talks about.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

Though we may need an ark, I'm loving the warmer days.  Ice storms are a pain and costly to our local economy.  More people die from cold than heat, and I'm finding 

I don't like freezing as I age.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

I've been happy with our mild winter this year, after last year's polar vortex followed by spring flooding of the Mississippi River.

I remember in the mid-90s when we had a few mild winters in a row, then it went right back to the more typical hard winters.

There was a History Channel program several years ago that told how in Colonial and early American times we were in a mini-age.  Once that broke is when the entire infrastructure of the United States was built.