Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Believe This February Weather.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

This month has been great, weird, but great.  We have had temps above normal for most of the month.  Today is to be 55 and sunny as was yesterday.  Saturday was good too.

Yes, it's to get cold at the end of the week and then back up next week, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. We haven't had a really terrible snowstorm all winter.  I'm used to a couple 12 inch storms a winter.  Of course, there is March, a very fickle month. I remind myself of the blizzard of "93". 20+ inches of snow, winds, drifts, poer outages.  Yikes!

I feel like this winter is like watching a horror movie, you know Michael Myers is going to appear but not where or when.

Will be make to spring without getting hammered?  I say, nope.

That Blizzard of 93 was awful. It was my first day at a new job and I was expected to be there. I remember that I couldn't get into the building because the sidewalk hadn't been shoveled yet. Then a maintenance worker directed me to an employee entrance that I was not aware of.

Respected Contributor

Here in Colorado we've had snow most days this month.  Thank goodness we went on a cruise to the southern Caribbean for 10 days.  The warm temps and beautiful scenery were a welcome break.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@ms traditional  Oops, NE PA.  As the saying goes "if I only had a brain."

@CrazyKittyLvr2 being in Los Angeles,  i was curious as to where it has been so mild!!!  so far.........!  

Honored Contributor

I am in Texas and its been a weather rollercoaster....take this week....near 80 then down to 50's/60's lows near freezing and back up to the mid 70's ......But according to our one reliable meteorologist this is NORMAL for Feb/March and he said watch out because March is going to come ROARING IN.....!!!! 

download (3).jfif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I agree about the weather being scary since it isn't normal.  We used to have seasons, now I don't know what is going on.  While I do not wish for a blizzard or icy conditions, I do like the winter temperatures to be cold as they should be.

I want the four seasons back. I want a fall with cooler crisp weather, clean air to breathe. I wish for a winter with some snow, nothing drastic, the weather cold.  I would welcome the spring with the weather warming up a bit, light jackets and flowers starting to bloom  I want a summer with warm days , less humidity,  warm breezes and cool nights. 

Contributor

I live in Somerset County, PA.  I will take this kind of winter anytime.  I change tires each winter and I'm rethinking that...haven't needed the winter tires.  I'm retired so I don't have to go out if the weather is bad and I try to schedule doctor appointments, etc, to avoid the winter months.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

To me this weather is very scary.  I keep thinking about the nightmare of a summer Australia just had with extreme temps and their fires.  How happy they must be to see autumn come.  Could that be happening here?  Polar ice is melting at an alarming rate, polar bears in danger of extinction, no snow this winter in many European resorts, coral reefs world-wide dying and predicted to be soon gone.  Who is doing anything about it?  It will soon be a different world.

@Kachina624     The Earth has been here for 4.543 billion years...  Man only 2.5 million years.... we are just a blink in time.... Yes, it will be a different world  soon... in Earth time.  Just enjoy your  blink of a life each day and do not worry about Earth Changes...   environment change influenced evolution, and climate instability over the past 6 million years may have shaped human adaptations.    It will continue to do so.  The earth will adapt and change... as will Man... as they always have done.

Honored Contributor

Southern Tier of NY state here, and we have had areally mild winter. We had one snowfall of about 6" , all the rest were 3" or less. We've had lost of temps in the 40's , and none below zero. I remember that March 93 snow storm, and it was wild.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    Yes, the Earth has been here for 4+ billion years but man has done more to destroy it in the past 100 years than in the previous 4 billion.  This is not a natural evolution.  Doesn't it make you proud to have lived during this period?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Reporting in from Atlanta where, YET AGAIN, it is raining. And it's cold. I've been out in it all morning. It's miserable out. 

It never stops raining here. We've had over 17 inches of rain since January 1st. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?