Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I live in a 55+ condo community, and one would think this type of thing would not be a problem. I have neighbors on one side that play music way too loud. Fortunately, it usually doesn't last long. I am suspicious of the number of people they have living there. The people I see don't match the music I hear. The worst is the woman that lives above me. She has a piano in her unit. She knows how to play 4-5 songs and plays them over and over and over. These are songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's such as 'The Way We Were' and ' Love is a Many Splendored Thing'. When it gets bad I hide in my bedroom with my headphones and laptop. Someday I'll get the nerve to leave her a note reminding her she is not living on an island!!

If you have any rules in order to live there contact the people that run the place, find out what the by laws are, probably in writing some place

Contact a person who has authority let them handle it.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

My next door neighbors on BOTH sides have been using this stay-at-home time to have work done on their homes.  I have been woken up in the morning for two weeks by pounding.  And then have to listen to it all day.  Not so great for the nerves which are already frazzled.

That will go away in the bye and bye. 

I would never live in an apt or something that is close to others. I don't like staying in motels LOL

We've always had our own home and plenty of land around us to make sure we wouldn't have to put up with c*ap like that.  guy across the street was pushing his luck and I took care of it.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

My next door neighbors on BOTH sides have been using this stay-at-home time to have work done on their homes.  I have been woken up in the morning for two weeks by pounding.  And then have to listen to it all day.  Not so great for the nerves which are already frazzled.

That will go away in the bye and bye. 

I would never live in an apt or something that is close to others. I don't like staying in motels LOL

We've always had our own home and plenty of land around us to make sure we wouldn't have to put up with c*ap like that.  guy across the street was pushing his luck and I took care of it.

Well hopefully one day soon I will be awakened by the beep, beep, beep of the dumpsters being removed!

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I live in a 55+ condo community, and one would think this type of thing would not be a problem. I have neighbors on one side that play music way too loud. Fortunately, it usually doesn't last long. I am suspicious of the number of people they have living there. The people I see don't match the music I hear. 

Which leads me to this.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWajGQu1arU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SghnXfd_Xrw

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

People don't match the music LOL that's funny, we got the drummer boy think a teen but seems parents let him practice during normal hours. He is the next street over. I think someday with his practice he will become famous. things are funny but seems it's the same beat. No not crazy neighbors here they are respectful and nice, but drummer boy needs to find a new beat. I remember when DD played the violin oh please the same song over & over. 

Respected Contributor

I lived in a very quiet neighborhood until about a year ago when new people moved in across the street. They spend all their time in the garage with the door open smoking, blaring music and carrying on.They've  awakened me at all hours with them yelling and loud music. We live in townhouses and I'm very glad I'm across the street and not attached to them.One neigbor is thinking of moving Last fall, I saw little children in my yard playing football and when I told them they had to play in their own yard, the one little boy said his dad had told him to go play in my yard. They are in an inside unit and their yard isn't real big. I think my other neighbor had a word with them and recently (prior Covid), it's been a lot more quiet, though I hate to see what the nice weather brings.Anyhow, I feel your pain.

Honored Contributor

If nothing else stops it then blasting polkas or twangy country usually does the trick.  A  friend married to a cop said he has suggested that to many who even after being cited over and over keep doing it.

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

I live in a 55+ condo community, and one would think this type of thing would not be a problem. I have neighbors on one side that play music way too loud. Fortunately, it usually doesn't last long. I am suspicious of the number of people they have living there. The people I see don't match the music I hear. The worst is the woman that lives above me. She has a piano in her unit. She knows how to play 4-5 songs and plays them over and over and over. These are songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's such as 'The Way We Were' and ' Love is a Many Splendored Thing'. When it gets bad I hide in my bedroom with my headphones and laptop. Someday I'll get the nerve to leave her a note reminding her she is not living on an island!!

If you have any rules in order to live there contact the people that run the place, find out what the by laws are, probably in writing some place

Contact a person who has authority let them handle it.

I have complained to the HOA already twice for an other reason last summer. It sounded like she was rehabbing her unit maybe. This person is a renter and not an owner like me. She's not doing that because that would have to be reported to the Assoc. Our rules state repair work is allowed only between 8A-6P. There is nothing in there about noise however. She is dragging furniture all over, all day, sanding, banging, etc to all hours. I don't know if she has a weird hobby or is trying to run an illegal businesss out of her unit. After my last complaint, she toned it down, but occasionally loses control. If I need to complain again, I will.

Esteemed Contributor

After living in single family homes all my life I downsized to an end unit townhome. One shared wall. Fortunate that the family next door is clean and not loud for the most part. Usually their terrier barks non-stop. Because the parents and 2 older kids have been home for almost a month I don't hear the dog. He's happy, and so am I. The wall is also reasonably sound damping.

Other close neighbor is across a small courtyard. Older sing woman like myself. She is super quiet. Right now I thing she has gone to live elsewhere. Works for me.

Respected Contributor

My daughter has been working from home and the idiots in the apt below here have been blasting music and having people over. I did laugh when she told me they were all singing the National Anthem.