Honored Contributor

Re: I CELEBRATED GETTING MY STIMULUS!

@RedTop I do have a charity I support on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

So did I, but with checks to our local food bank, and to continue the care of the 3 rural cemeteries where our family is buried.   

Thank you, helping the local food bank is so rewarding. Caring and sharing is something that always brings a great deal of satisfaction. 

Too many people with the "it's all about me attitude" and having material  things that in the long run probably bring them little joy. These stimulus  checks are all about getting free money, not realizing that someone has to pay for it. 

Honored Contributor

NO One should be made to feel guilty about what they choose to spend their stimulus money on, whether it's new underwear, pay off bills, needed replacement of appliances, home improvements or give it to your favorite charities.

Like everything else in life, it's a personal choice.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Their check, their choice of where to spend it.  That is not rocket science.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

OK, this may sound silly, feel free to laugh.

I get frequent emails from Jockey. I have been buying their underwear since they first came out, eons ago.

Wasn't going to splurge on anything, mostly went for a CC bill, but they're having a sale with a coupon code in the email so I bought another 3 pack of the French cut elance undies in really pretty shades of aqua.

I do this once or twice a year so I can toss a couple of the really old ones! Anyway, it was fun and i love pretty undies.

I like Jockey undies also, but haven't tried this "elance".  Do they stay put or ride up (if you know what I mean).  :-)

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

So did I, but with checks to our local food bank, and to continue the care of the 3 rural cemeteries where our family is buried.   

Thank you, helping the local food bank is so rewarding. Caring and sharing is something that always brings a great deal of satisfaction. 

Too many people with the "it's all about me attitude" and having material  things that in the long run probably bring them little joy. These stimulus  checks are all about getting free money, not realizing that someone has to pay for it. 

Some would call this virtue signaling. I woudn't. But some would. The trick is to not take what other people say they do personally, but that can be hard to do.

It's not a competition.

Hey I got panties! Oh well I paid bills. Oh well I paid my kid's bills. Oh well repaired my house. Oh well I gave it to my church. Oh well I gave it to a charitiy. Oh well I started my OWN charity. Oh well I gave it to a needy family. Oh well I gave it to a needy family WITH a dog WITH a wooden leg AND a lisp...

Good for all of us. We all win.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Some would call this virtue signaling. I woudn't. But some would. The trick is to not take what other people say they do personally, but that can be hard to do.

It's not a competition.

Hey I got panties! Oh well I paid bills. Oh well I paid my kid's bills. Oh well repaired my house. Oh well I gave it to my church. Oh well I gave it to a charitiy. Oh well I started my OWN charity. Oh well I gave it to a needy family. Oh well I gave it to a needy family WITH a dog WITH a wooden leg AND a lisp...

Good for all of us. We all win.

@Porcelain 

Well said.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Thank you for the kind words. I don't feel the need to advertise my charitable giving.

I rarely can indulge myself and my choice to do it is new underwear. Why do others have to rebuke someone for something so simple?

Honored Contributor

It's the small things that can make us happy, shame on the ones making digs @Love my grandkids  Enjoy your new panties. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate They fit perfectly! I prefer the "elance" as the waistband is covered with the same material. I hate elastic waistbands, too uncomfortable.

These never ride up or move around.