Valued Contributor

Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT

Yea, not one of my proudest moments!! 🤣
Honored Contributor

@spursfan2 : DH forgets to close the garage door. I go behind him and especially at night because instead of locking the door actually unlocked. We are at the age very easy to forget. Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy that's funny. The other day I was out walking and had to make a pit stop at my house. I slid my cell phone in my sports bra for a second while I washed my hands. I went on a frantic mission minutes later searching for that phone. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma That's because we are so used to having our readers on and off  our face, that we become less aware of them, unless we need them, or they actually interfere. 

It's when we find ourselves doing things like,  putting them in the refrigerator, or dishwasher that we need to start worrying Woman Wink.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  Thank you for such a THOUGHTFUL suggestion.❤ It's actually the door that leads into the garage from the house, so it's secure, but is turning into my enemy.😁

For some reason, after I have unloaded groceries or shopping bags, I get busy putting things away and just forget to lock the door until I need to retrieve something from the garage, which is several times a day, or check doors for the night. I have several charms and a big pink  poof on my keyring so, it should be easy to remember to just pull it out. It's just strange because that is the only door I sometimes forget to remove my keys from-thank goodness! My family ALWAYS knows who the key leaving culprit is, so they don't even ask.😊

Key.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Getting old is just plain weird!   I've been home (no longer working) since I started 'getting old' and I live inside my head a lot, so I have closely watched all the little details of how things are changing, both mentally and physically.    

I'm also seeing that I will be looking for something that is literally right in front of my face.   I mean, like I'm actually looking right at it and don't see it!  What the heck!

Getting old is weird and frustrating.  I just try to do some little things to help with focus and cognitive abilities.  I think it helps to try and keep your mind active, figure things out, focus on things no matter how insignificant, to hold on to some of the abilities that seem to be sliding away.

Oops, sorry so serious.  Love your fun threads.  Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
Has anyone been tearing the house up looking for their cell phone.......while talking on it??? That would be me!!!

No but I've had my landline phone in my hand trying to change the channel with it.

And went to my hardware drawer to get new batteries to put into it because it wasn't working.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@spursfan2 wrote:
Has anyone been tearing the house up looking for their cell phone.......while talking on it??? That would be me!!!

No but I've had my landline phone in my hand trying to change the channel with it.

And went to my hardware drawer to get new batteries to put into it because it wasn't working.

@Deree  I am still laughing as I type this, because I got a visual.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

It is routine for me to search the house for glasses while they are on my head.

Speaking of glasses in the shower, why on earth can't they label the shampoo and conditioner bottles with larger print. If I don't have readers on I can't tell which is which.--I have semi solved by placing in different places but it really bugs me.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

It is routine for me to search the house for glasses while they are on my head.

Speaking of glasses in the shower, why on earth can't they label the shampoo and conditioner bottles with larger print. If I don't have readers on I can't tell which is which.--I have semi solved by placing in different places but it really bugs me.

Oh yeah, that would be tough.  I'm legally blind so, w/o the glasses, I can only see a few inches in front of me and only decipher something that is large enough. 

The good thing is that I use TreSemme (love it!) and the shampoo bottle is dark brown while the conditioner bottle is white.  I'm surprised that others have much more similar looking bottles.   That would fix it for everybody.  Smiley Happy