Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I love pansies.  They are the first flowers I buy at the beginning of the planting season.  Now I know that spring is here.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: I Bought my Pansies Today

@wismiss  I love pansies. They always look like happy faces to me. Yours are beautiful. Happy planting.

Respected Contributor

So pretty. 

Honored Contributor

@wismiss,

Definitely a sign of Spring! Enjoy your pretty flowers!

May be an image of flower and text

Honored Contributor

I do too!  They look like spring and happiness....enjoy your gardening!🌸

Honored Contributor

Very pretty.  I bought a six-pack of pansies yesterday and plan to put them in the ground today.  They won't last real long - they fade away when the weather gets hot and humid - but I have one spot where I like to see them.  It would be nice if they were perennial.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr   Do you know if pansies are deer resistant? I know they won't come near my geraniums...the fragrance bothers them.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Thank you for mentioning.  I think they are not deer resistant, but it's probably more likely - around here, at least - that rabbits will get them.  I have some homemade repellent already mixed and should probably spray them once planted.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr   Deer in my neighborhood came right up on my porch and ate the flowers/plants in my pots. I'm hesitant to plant in the yeard. Hostas gone, too. They're candy for deer.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Shanus   Thank you for mentioning.  I think they are not deer resistant, but it's probably more likely - around here, at least - that rabbits will get them.  I have some homemade repellent already mixed and should probably spray them once planted.  

@ValuSkr You have a rabbit repellent recipe?   OH PLEASE share!  

Where I live, the pansies have been going for quite awhile and are in most years close to being yanked out and hot weather plants like begonias and some impatients put in.

But there are more pansies than I have seen in some time.  Last year the hail destroyed everything.