Respected Contributor

Re: I Bought a New Sofa and...

Very sorry to hear about your loss. So sad. Your story reminds me of a time about 20 years, we bought a new bread box, an oak one. Well we ended up redoing the whole kitchen because of that bread box. I know what you are going through when you said that sofa opened up a can of worms. It will all come together I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Bought a New Sofa and...

@Desert Lily wrote:

Last fall as my SO and I were planning on how to combine our households, I gave away some of my furniture to make room for his. Well, it's been almost 6 months since he passed away on Thanksgiving, and I haven't had a sofa for that long. Yesterday, I finally went out and bought a gray leather reclining sofa with silver nailheads. Then I realized that my brown marble-topped rectangular end tables would no longer match, so I ordered 2 black marble-topped oval end tables with white legs. Now I see that my brown leather chaise has got to go, and I could use a loveseat and a chair. The chair I have now will be out of place, but a mid-century modern in teal or a pattern with gray and teal would work.  A new gray velvet loveseat with silver nailheads (yes, I already saw one online) could use a teal ottoman in front of it. Even some of the pictures on the walls will need to be replaced. This is getting expensive.Yikes. I think what I really bought yesterday was a can of worms.

Enjoy your can of worms, @Desert Lily.  It sounds as if you deserve a few indulgences!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!