Trusted Contributor

I Bought Some of My Flowers today

[ Edited ]

Our local Ace Hardware had their greenhouse open and I was the only one in there, so I bought some of my plants.  They had a lot of PW (Proven Winners) flowers.  I bought my Golden Butterfly daisiesGolden Butterfly® - Marguerite Daisy - Argyranthemum frutescens ... which I plant with  my superbells blues.Superbells® Blue - Calibrachoa hybrid | Proven Winners 

I also found a coleus that I had never seen before----"Freckles" Freckles - Coleus - Solenostemon scutellarioides | Proven Winnersand bought Penny Orange violaPlant Profile for Viola cornuta Penny™ Orange - Perennial Pansy ...  to put in the same pot.

I'll probably have to wait a week or two to put them out, but at least I bought some before they get picked over.  So that is three pots that I have flowers for----I am planting my pansies tomorrow.  And, then on to my tomatoes---Sun Sugar (a yellow grape sized tomato) and Sweet 100 (a red cherry tomato) and a Roma.  I am going to transplant my rhubarb into a bigger pot.    Now I need to plan for the other two planters.  And then I'll be done.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: I Bought Some of My Flowers today

Love your orange flowers. I'll hold off a little longer as I have some frost concerns. DH reminded me I lost about six plants last year by planting too early. I just said "Yes, Dear!" Of course I remembered that.

Esteemed Contributor

But, flowers are not "essential" !

I'm just kidding!

One has to do whatever makes them happy!

Enjoy your beautiful flowers!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

LOVE the super blue bells!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DH and I are going to a nursery tomorrow.  It's to cold to plant but if things are not purchased soon and definetely by Mother's day...everything is picked over.

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss ... I am an earth person and in my younger days I always planted flowers.  I love your Golden Butterfly  Daisies.  The white daisies were always a favorite of mine, I called them my happy flowers.  And pansies, every birthday along with other gifts my father always included them for me and we would plant them together in my garden.  Thank God for memories.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

All three are beautiful but I’ve never seen anything like that orange one before! I really like that one.
Respected Contributor

Az. starting tomorrow will be triple digits and will continue on so I have some plants doing good but soon will be done. My garden season is almost over. Love the plants you picked. 

Respected Contributor

Pretty and colorful

Regular Contributor

Love your plants,  thanks for posting the pictures.  Where I 

am it is still too cold,  we have been getting frost.  But I am

looking forward to getting into my flower beds.  Not sure

what I will buy,  I love to go to the nursery and be inspired.