Trusted Contributor

Re: I Am Stunned that CNN Ceased Their Paris Programming for the Anthony Bourdain Show!

Thank-God for TLC and reruns of Say Yes to the Dress!  I can watch that show for hours and it numbs my brain like the multi channel coverage of the Paris Programing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Am Stunned that CNN Ceased Their Paris Programming for the Anthony Bourdain Show!

I watched Harry Smith too. I've always appreciated his calm demeanor and his cogent presentations. As for CNN, it's best to watch them in the middle of the night, when their broadcasts are from CNN International. It's so much better than the Anerican version.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just4Me wrote:

I had been watching FOX NEWS, and they are always good---except when Shepherd Smith starts with his long winded florid descriptions---TIRING.  The journalists though are very good and so are their connections.  Otherwise, I added CNN to the mix.

Shepard Smith is not so bad.  I remember 9/11 and how he was reporting from a rooftop of a building not too far off from the towers.  He was stunned, shocked, and scared.  He pulled through and I feel folks all felt the deep sorrow and disbelief for what happened. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Just4Me wrote:

I had been watching FOX NEWS, and they are always good---except when Shepherd Smith starts with his long winded florid descriptions---TIRING.  The journalists though are very good and so are their connections.  Otherwise, I added CNN to the mix.

Shepard Smith is not so bad.  I remember 9/11 and how he was reporting from a rooftop of a building not too far off from the towers.  He was stunned, shocked, and scared.  He pulled through and I feel folks all felt the deep sorrow and disbelief for what happened. 

Actually, I tuned in to Fox just to hear Shepard Smith do the real-time reporting.  I think he is very skilled in this area and keeps my attention.  He's accurate as well.

Respected Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

I guess the dozens of people they sent there all need to sleep at the same time???   Isn't that why they brought all those people to Paris to keep it live????

I was suprised they sent so many anchors to Paris!  Anthony Bordain was just about the only person left home at CNN!  He should have done the news rather than his usual program!!

Trusted Contributor

"Stunned"?